Who should attend
Senior executives, managers, administrative and clerical staff, sales people, and customer service reps who correspond regularly with clients and colleagues by email and would like to improve their professional email writing style.
About the course
Ensuring That What You Write Is What You Mean
Email demands clear and efficient writing, but “oops” is an all-too-common occurrence.
We’ve all seen how easily misunderstandings in email messages can compromise clear communication.
Attend this helpful webinar to get a fast-paced, hands-on lesson to strengthen your ewriting skills. Through examples and exercises, you will learn how to target your audience, get to the point, and develop and maintain a professional email style.
Because so many of your communications are via email, this is a great chance for you to spend a short time learning how to do it better.
How You Will Benefit
- Write clear, concise email that gets readers' attention and results
- Convey a professional image through the emails you send
- Identify tone problems before pressing “send”
- Gain email pointers to help you project communication savvy
What Will Be Covered
- Understanding challenges of email communication
- Getting started quickly: Idea lists, the three As (aim, audience, area)
- Getting to the point: Strong subject lines, openings, and closings
- Structuring your message clearly
- Helpful guidelines for structuring your message
- Maintaining a professional tone by recognizing what is and is not appropriate for ecommunications
- Polishing your email for a professional style for yourself and your organization
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.