About the course
The world of business and work has changed: business is volatile and complex; teams and organizations are often hyper-connected and dispersed. Global work from everywhere becomes a norm. Many business professionals struggle at times with how to optimally work and lead in such an environment, especially with how to create an engaging and effective work environment. The session tackles key practical management tools in a highly actionable and engaging manner.
Time Allocation - Topics
10% Understanding the new world
- Leading in the new world – drivers for change
- Exploring the challenges and virtues of the new world: remote work, globalization, complexity, technology and more
20% Envisioning the future: key to success
- The need for defining and providing a “why”
- The power of vision and how to set it
- Vision communication
30% Leadership styles in the new world
- Which leadership styles work in the new world, and which don't?
- Coaching as a leadership style for the 21st Century
- Communication strategies for modern organizations and their leaders.
20% Success and performance management
- Why leaders need to know about the passive face time bias: Remote image and other key considerations when working in the new world
- Motivating the organization and performance management: Energizing feedback and more
- Principles of (virtual) team building
20% The road to high-performance
- Optimizing meetings – face-to-face and virtually
- Complexity reduction and decision making
- Leading change towards a high-performance culture
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Developmental Perspective, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Use of Authority, Delegation, Coordination
Lars Sudmann is the managing partner of Sudmann & Company, a consulting and management training firm. Lars is drawing on his business experience (e.g. as CFO Belgium of Procter & Gamble) as well as consulting experience with Fortune500 companies to help companies achieve better business a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.