How to Create a Project Schedule That Works
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
Learn the key tools to help you schedule and execute project successfully.
A well-defined project schedule is the single most important tool that will guide your project to completion. Anticipating project twists and turns will help you make better decisions, manage scope creep and hit your targets. … Yet even experienced project managers struggle with creating a schedule that works. In this course you’ll learn key techniques to map out your project successfully. NOTE: A headset with microphone is required to attend and participate in this program.
What You Will Cover
- Separate core project tasks into more manageable components
- Determine the proper sequence of project tasks
- Use network logic diagrams to understand key task dependencies
- Identify and analyze project risks and deploy effective risk-response strategies
- Overcome common scheduling mistake
Project Management for Non-Project Managers
Many business professionals are not interested in becoming a formal project manager, but will benefit from the essential tools needed to get projects done faster, with fewer surprises and problems. Participants will learn the 1-3-5 approach, a clear and easy to understand process for project management success. Whether you’re leading your first project, struggling to get through the long list of projects on your to-do list, or want to avoid the problems of the last big project failure, this course will benefit you.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the one critical question that all project leaders need ask at the beginning of any project that will help determine a project implementation approach, project cost, project schedule, and conflicts to expect throughout the project lifecycle
- Practice and use a simple three-step framework to reach project success
- Understand how the three steps are in alignment with more formal methodologies such as phase-based waterfall project management, agile project management, and continuous improvement activities such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Use and apply five streamlined tools and templates that can help a project of any size get done faster, lessen scope creep, and reduce project meeting fatigue. The tools are easy to understand and implement without any project management jargon
- Explore how the 1-3-5 approach can be scaled to larger project initiatives and diagnose what the common root causes are to failed large scale initiatives
- Roadmap of the 1-3-5 approach and review of resources available outside of the course
- Project foundations and an introduction to the in-class case
- Elements of effective project plans and managing time effectively in project environments
- Managing change in project environments and dealing with conflicts that inevitably occur
- Keeping everyone focused on the successful outcomes
- Learning from a troubled project
- Action planning and next steps
Includes breakfast, lunch, and breaks
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Who should attend
Anyone who desires to improve their project management skills to better meet business objectives, even if they’ve never managed a project before.