Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Business professionals who want the skills to communicate in a positive, professional manner no matter what the situation.
About the course
Be a consistently professional communicator—even in the most difficult circumstances. How to communicate effectively at work while remaining diplomatic, tactful and keeping credibility?
Your communication in the workplace can make or break your professional image. It directly influences how others view your work and performance—as well as your prospects for career advancement and mobility. Unfortunately, being diplomatic, tactful and credible doesn’t always come naturally to people. Even when it does, such communication can easily be derailed by emotions and conflicts.
Register to this intensive 2-day effective communication training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Make yourself promotable, learn to be poised and professional under pressure
- Build a great reputation for responding positively to criticism
- Flex your style to handle stressful situations with ease
This effective communication skills training programme will teach you how to choose and use the most appropriate words and emotional tone for every business interaction. You will gain insights into your communication style and the styles of others, while building skills to clearly and effectively receive and transmit information, ideas, thoughts, feelings and needs.
This communication training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your communication skills effectively. You will gain a wider perspective of how to communicate at the workplace through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your communication skills and be able to:
- Apply diplomacy and tact to be a credible and effective communicator
- Manage the impact your communications have on your image
- Define and leverage your communication style
- Develop and demonstrate better listening skills
- Understand the importance of perceptions
- Explore communication style differences and learn to flex your own style
- Recognize the impact of stress on communications and be able to adjust for it
- Know what makes effective, powerful communication and develop the skills to model it
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
- Understanding how perception and image can impact others’ perception of you and your performance
- Recognizing how diplomacy, tact and credibility are demonstrated through good communication
Communication Style Differences
- Knowing how style impacts the image others have of you
- Flexing your style to communicate with more diplomacy, tact and credibility
- Completing the Insight Inventory® to better understand how style affects your communication effectiveness
- Flexing your style to gender, generation and position
- Recognizing how stress impacts how you use your style traits
Effective and Powerful Communication
- Identifying and removing the roadblocks to effective communication
- Knowing how to positively impact the visual, verbal and vocal components of communication
- Describing the Know-Feel-Do Model of communicating
- Implementing strategies for powerful communications and practicing them
- Understanding nonverbal communication as a critical part of the communication process
Effective Listening Skills
- Applying good listening skills in order to communicate with diplomacy, tact and credibility
- Identifying the barriers and obstacles to effective listening
- Using good listening skills to build and improve your image
- Knowing how ineffective listening can cost you and the organization
Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility
- Defining the five actions that make for credible communication
- Applying diplomacy, tact and credibility skills to create more effective communication
- Identifying how “hot buttons” make people lose their diplomacy and tact—and credibility
- Being aware of your “hot buttons,” and preparing before you face these situations
Accomplished in Organisational Development, leading and project managing strategic transformation and HR review programmes and C-Suite Facilitation. I am committed to adding value to an organisation and I draw on my knowledge and lessons learned as a company director, executive board member, busi...
Marianna is an Organisational Psychology Consultant and a Doctoral researcher in Gender and Leadership at the University of London. She brings to MCE’s leadership and people management practice her deep expertise in Interpersonal and Leadership skills. Marianna applies her in-depth psychoanalytic...
During 2 decades, due to her culture based on strategic thinking, understanding of customer needs, innovation, team building (used to manage multicultural and international teams) and hard work to achieve results, Monica has been commissioned by national and international companies to analyze the...
Krzysztof brings to MCE more than 20 year’s extensive leadership and management experience in the service and financial sectors. He has broad functional experience in senior managerial positions in sales and training departments, leading large sales networks with hundreds of employees. He has dev...
Sergio is passionate about helping individuals and organizations improve their performance and achieve outstanding results. He loves to understand what the key levers that can take individuals and organizations performance to the next level are, and creates and implements simple yet powerful tran...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.