How SMART Leaders Drive Performance Through Employee Engagement - Leadership Essentials With dr. Gary Kohut
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Belk College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Engaged workers are the lifeblood of organizations – driving innovation, growth, and revenues. Is your organization creating a culture of engagement?
Why Employee engagement matters:
- Engaged employees can create a competitive advantage for organizations.
- According to Gallup, 70% of U.S. workers are "not engaged" or "actively disengaged." Globally, nearly 90% of employees are not engaged.
- Recent events have changed the state of the workplace. Organizations have had to become more creative and flexible as they seek to accomplish organizational goals with the same or fewer resources.
- Leaders are finding that they have to play multiple roles -- supervisor, role model, mentor, motivator -- to four generations of workers, through face-to-face encounters and in the virtual office.
As a leader, you must tap into the talents of every person while developing a culture that brings purpose and meaning to day-to-day activities.
This program provides clear steps to create a culture that encourages employee engagement.
- Learn to recognize the importance of employee engagement and how it relates to your overall organizational culture
- Learn to recognize why employee engagement must be a top priority for managers
- Identify the major obstacles to engagement and how you can combat them
- Understand the manager's role in employee engagement
- Devise strategies to create a culture of engagement