Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Make a lasting impact at your organization by employing revenue management techniques and strategies for your hotel operation and earn a highly recognized credential from Cornell University’s world-renowned School of Hotel Administration.
This program provides you with in-depth training in the most critical revenue management techniques and strategies that you can apply on the job immediately. This program was developed by hotel revenue management expert and pioneer Sheryl E. Kimes, PhD, professor of operations management in the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University.
Course content is structured around relevant case examples and interactive exercises, giving you the experience you need to translate theory into practice.
- Introduction to Hotel Revenue Management
- Forecasting and Availability Controls in Hotel Revenue Management
- Pricing Strategy and Distribution Channels in Hotel Revenue Management
- Overbooking Practices in Hotel Revenue Management
- Non-Traditional Applications of Hotel Revenue Management
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Apply the strategic levers of hotel revenue management to increase revenue
- Explain the role of forecasting in hotel revenue management
- Create a forecast and measure its accuracy
- Establish or recommend room rates that maximize profitability
- Establish or recommend approaches to making price more variable
- Set appropriate rate fences to create appropriate customer segments
- Analyze the implications to revenue management of using various distribution channels
- Manage potential customer issues associated with overbooking
- Create strategies to make group-management decisions that maximize revenue
- Refine the practice of hotel revenue management so it can be applied to additional areas of the hotel
- Learn methods for extending the practice of revenue management to other industries
- Develop a functional revenue management plan, from gathering baseline data to monitoring post-implementation results
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Hotel Revenue Management Certificate from Cornell Hotel School
- 40 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Trust the experts
Education Qualifications PhD, Operations Management, University of Texas at Austin, 1987 MBA, New Mexico State University, 1983 MA, Public Administration, University of Virginia, 1977 AB, Political Science and Mathematics, University of Missouri, 1975 Academic Experience Visiting Professor,...
eCornell Hospitality Student Story | Chorten