Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Smart hotel asset management deals are win-win situations. To create well-structured agreements, you need to understand what is motivating the property owners, operators, and lenders. But successful hospitality and real estate management doesn’t end with a successful deal; it requires managing the agreement’s execution effectively to achieve strategic asset goals.
This certificate consists of six two-week courses that will give you the knowledge needed to understand the financial and operational aspects of hotel asset and real estate investment management. You’ll examine leasing agreements to learn about valuation and explore financing, equity structuring and exit strategies. By the time you’ve completed the program, you’ll know how to develop a superior hotel real estate management and execution plan.
- Financial Analysis of Hotel Investments
- Control of Hotel Real Estate
- Developing an Asset Management Strategy
- Achieving Hotel Asset Management Objectives
- Valuing Hotel Investments Through Effective Forecasting
- Valuing Hotel Intellectual Property and Structuring the Capital Stack
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Estimate the value of a proposed hotel using a variety of methods
- Structure hotel investments that meet the needs of all parties
- Evaluate a proposed franchise agreement
- Know how to analyze management contracts from owners and operators
- Perform a market study for a particular property
- Use an income approach to produce an estimate of market value
- Manage the tools of modern finance to create value
- Understand the role of public equity and private equity in capital markets
- Develop a strategic vision for asset management
- Create asset management plans for a property’s long-term needs
- Know the role of benchmarking in hotel asset management
- Utilize industry-standard tools to benchmark expenses and revenues
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management Certificate from Cornell Hotel School
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Trust the experts
Biography Jan A. deRoos is the HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. He has devoted his career to teaching and research related to hospitality real estate, with a focus on the valuation, financing, development, and control of lodging, times...
eCornell Hospitality Student Story | Chorten