Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for healthcare providers and administrators with an interest in staying up to date on evolving regulatory and compensation models in healthcare. It is also a good fit for those who need more fluency in the operational side of medical practice, as it includes a strong foundational understanding of key business skills. This is an excellent opportunity for physicians, nurses, administrators and others who currently manage the business components of a medical practice, as well as those considering the move from a large healthcare system practice to a private partnership or solo practice.
This program is an intense, short-duration commitment designed to accommodate the demanding schedules of those in the medical field. You will fully maximize the time invested by gaining a thorough understanding of critical business skills, and how to properly implement them into your practice. The online format is designed for maximum flexibility and convenience.
About the course
Healthcare providers chose their field because they want to care for patients. Today’s reality, however, is that care is provided within a complex system of non-clinical context. To be truly effective as a healthcare provider or administrator, professionals must understand current and evolving legislation, regulation, and payment models. Running a healthcare practice or serving in a hospital or healthcare system also requires foundational understanding of general business theories in economics and sound financial decision making.
The Mini-MBA: Healthcare Management offers a unique opportunity for clinicians and administrators to learn about topics such as legal issues in healthcare, new standards of quality and accountability, and how to streamline back-end operations. Understanding these interrelated topics will equip you to achieve compliance, institute back-end procedures that run smoothly and effectively, and focus on what you do best—caring for your patients.
- Stay up to date on the rapidly evolving relationship between providers, patients and payers
- Understand new standards of quality and accountability in medical care
- Learn how to institute best-practices for running the back-end of a medical practice smoothly
- Meet real world experts who have robust experience in medical administration, as well as expert business faculty
- Gain foundational knowledge in economics and financial decision making tools
- Be more knowledgeable about the non-clinical context in which healthcare is provided
- Gain important insight into models of care and reimbursement
- Understand why the healthcare world is changing so rapidly, and what is yet to come
- Learn to establish policies for effective healthcare management, particularly in areas of legal and financial concerns
- Learn about best practices in medical office management, leaving you better able to focus on patient care
This flexible, online program will give medical practice professionals the knowledge you need to continue an independent practice with proper business management as well as high-quality patient care. Topics include:
- Healthcare Dynamics: an overview of the US healthcare system, including evolving trends and future changes
- Legal Considerations for Healthcare Practices: gain a foundational background in legal and regulatory issues related to medical records, advertising and marketing, adverse effect reporting and employment records
Mr. Branning is President of Managed Market Resources (MMR), a healthcare consulting and medical communications company, offering the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry innovative solutions for the complex healthcare market, responsible for strategic consulting, new product development, bu...
Dr. Langdana's areas of specialization include monetary and fiscal theory and international trade and global macroeconomic policy. His research deals with macroeconomic experimentation and the role of stabilization policy in an expectations-driven economy. He has published several articles as wel...
Ben J. Sopranzetti is a Professor of Finance and Assistant Chairman of the Department of Finance and Economics at Rutgers Business School. He received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1995. He has over 25 years of international experience in building, va...
Experienced Adjunct Professor Of Finance with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Valuation, Corporate Finance, and Private Equity. Strong education professional with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from Rutgers, The State University of N...
Dave Wieneke is an agency executive and brand marketer who has pushed the edge of new media since it really was new. He published a chain of technology magazines in the 90s, successfully grew two technology start-ups, and built market-leading digital teams for Thomson Reuters, The Christian Scie...
Mr. Braun is Senior Vice President of Managed Market Resources. He is responsible for strategic consulting, new product development, medical device/ BioPharma commercialization, business development, managed markets training. Previously, Mr. Braun was Vice President US Sales of Specialty Biologi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.