Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Hospital board members
- VP level and C-suite executives
- Healthcare professionals with supervisory, management or executive-level responsibilities
- Hospital and healthcare facility administrators
- Professionals looking to catalyze and manage change within their healthcare organization
About the course
Healthcare delivery continues to be in a state of constant change and as a result, today’s healthcare leaders must transform the way their organizations respond to and lead change initiatives. Leaders must not only be able to lead their organizations through change, they must be able to successfully interact with multiple affiliated entities. Professionals need to successfully manage and lead people through change initiatives to transform their entities to meet the demands of tomorrow’s delivery systems. Leaders must be able to master the quantitative and qualitative approach to innovation in the healthcare setting, focusing on the levers of strategy, measurement, leadership, and culture.
In this certificate, professionals will reset their thinking around how best to understand, measure, implement, and lead successful change initiatives. Leaders must also understand the impact that culture has on organizational success. As a result of this certificate students will learn strategies that can impact their confidence, self-efficacy and as a result, their job satisfaction.
- Changing Organizational Culture in Healthcare
Healthcare delivery continues to be in a state of constant change and as a result, today’s healthcare leaders must transform the way their organizations respond to and lead change initiatives. In this course, professionals will “reset” their thinking around how best to understand, measure, implement, and lead successful change initiatives.
Leaders will assess their current culture, map out the ideal future state, create a business strategy consistent with the organization’s vision and values, and ultimately implement the strategies or business processes needed to affect and support the organizational culture they want.
- Aligning Healthcare Products, Services, and Strategies
Healthcare organizations and the physicians who run them often approach the task of management in much the same way as they approach a patient: they quickly identify symptoms or problems, make a diagnosis or analysis, and develop a treatment plan or solution. While this technique may work when making decisions about day-to-day operations, it's inadequate for evaluating the overall health of an organization and for making long-term survival plans. Effective strategic planning requires healthcare managers to shift their perspective from being a service organization to being a business.
This course teaches you several models to help you lay the foundations of a strategic plan based on the existing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing your organization. Ultimately, you will learn how to collect the right data to help you evaluate whether to invest in, discontinue, or develop certain products and services to ensure any strategic plan you devize will be profitable and in alignment with your organization's mission and vision.
- How to Build A Strategic Plan for your Healthcare Organization
Many medical groups develop strategic plans that are never implemented because the plans did not articulate how to measure progress, did not assign resources to do the work, and did not consider how to report on the goals.
This course asks you to apply organizational information you’ve gathered using analysis tools such as SWOT, BCG, and Porter's Five Forces to develop a strategic plan that includes specific details about who, what, when, where, and how to work on each of the agreed-upon strategic goals.
Ultimately, this course will equip you with the tools to be able to develop a comprehensive strategic plan that involves the right stakeholders and that aligns with your organization’s core mission and values.
The course Identifying and Aligning Products, Services, and Strategies Throughout a Healthcare Organization is required to be completed prior to starting this course.
- Leading Change in Healthcare Organizations
The American healthcare system is continuously in flux and requires adaptability from those working in the industry. As a leader, it’s also imperative that you make your organizations efficient and safe; improving quality is job number one. This unique balance of priorities requires healthcare leaders to ensure that everyone across the organization is in support of and working towards achieving new initiatives that will secure organization’s competitiveness into the future.
In this course, you will learn how to prepare your organization for change at the individual, departmental, and organizational level by focusing on communication and the development of a change management plan.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Assess and diagnose your existing organizational culture, vision, and shared values
- Measure, track, and communicate the results of your change initiatives
- Map out the strengths and weaknesses of your industry in order to create a profitable and attractive strategic plan
- Devise a strategic plan for your organization based on the existing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing your organization
- Identify areas for improvement and potential growth
- Identify the precursors to change in the healthcare industry
- Know when and how to communicate changes to your employees in order to get maximum buy-in
- Develop a change management plan to successfully carry out a change initiative
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Healthcare Change Management Certificate from Cornell College of Human Ecology
- 40 Professional Development Hours (4 CEUs)
Nick Fabrizio PhD, FACMPE, FACHE, is a principal consultant with the MGMA Health Care Consulting Group and serves on the faculty at Cornell University’s Sloan Program in Health Administration, where he has also served as the executive in residence. His primary expertise is in physician practice m...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.