Who should attend
Ideal for leaders and professionals looking to improve building collaborative communication skills.
About the course
Learn to tackle your most challenging conversations and use collaborative communication techniques to improve relationships, resolve issues and manage conflict.
- Understand the mental models that underpin competitive and collaborative conversations.
- Identify the key turning points for difficult conversations.
- Establish safe and respectful conditions for better conversations.
- Utilise the skills of collaborative communication in a variety of situations.
- Understand how difficult conversations can be used to build a collaborative culture.
What is covered in the course?
- Why difficult conversations arise.
- The difference between competitive and collaborative conversations.
- Dealing with emotion.
- The two things that everyone objects to.
- Managing the three R's of conflict.
- How to say no when they want to hear yes.
- How to raise an issue without raising the temperature.
- Choosing better words: collaborative communication techniques.
- Building a collaborative culture: using collaborative conversations to improve relationships and resolve important issues.
How will I benefit?
In this program, you will look at how ‘difficult’ conversations arise, how they differ from ‘normal’ conversations and how you can use collaborative communication skills to build relationships, reduce conflict, increase learning and improve outcomes.
How will my organisation benefit?
Conversations in your workplace will be managed in a different way, as you approach conflict with a collaborative mindset.
Gary is a corporate trainer, facilitator and coach, who specialises in helping business people to improve their performance by showing them how to communicate more effectively in critical situations: leadership, workplace culture, teams, sales, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer servic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.