Who should attend
This course is designed for participants who are new to group facilitation and those who regularly facilitate meetings, working sessions, and other group activities who are seeking to polish their facilitation skills.
About the course
Facilitators often face an array of challenges that can determine the success or failure of the session. Strong facilitation skills can transform problems into opportunities. In this course, you will practice weaving key facilitator competencies into a flexible facilitation approach. You will develop strategies to facilitate challenging scenarios through planning, feedback, discussion, and practical application. This course will equip you with the skills, tools, and techniques to make a diverse group’s work more effective in a variety of environments and platforms.
Course Format: Individual, small-group, and large-group exercises; lecture, brainstorm, discussion, peer review, role playing, case study, and action planning
- Determine when group facilitation is appropriate
- Develop competencies for effective group facilitation
- Evaluate tools and techniques to facilitate group work
- Discuss strategies for adjusting facilitation in a virtual environment
- Design strategies to adjust your facilitation approach for different audiences
- Design, implement, and critique a custom group facilitation plan
Introduction to Group Facilitation
- Group Facilitation Distinctions
- Roles in Group Facilitation
- Key Facilitation Skills
- Facilitation Preparation
Group Management Techniques
- Setting the Facilitation Space
- Facilitation Tools and Techniques
- Producing Deliverables
Addressing Group Dynamics
- Interpreting Group Signals
- Behavioral Barriers to Group Facilitation
Group Facilitation Workshop
- Group Facilitation Preparation
- Group Facilitation Practice
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.