Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Business executives interested in continuous process improvement in their organizations
- Directors and managers seeking to reduce bottlenecks in their departments with a refocus on systems thinking to improve overall workplace productivity
- Employees who want to improve their teams’ efficiency, understand how to develop voice and influence in managerial projects, and provide ongoing support and direction for their teams
About the course
Mercer University’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate program provides effective training and holistic systems thinking. The program emphasizes how leadership, culture, change management, root cause analysis, theory of constraints, seven types of waste, business analytics, and other lean tools can positively affect your company on three primary foundations: organizational effectiveness through process improvement, increased firm profits through a value-added customer-oriented approach, and employee success and satisfaction through personal growth.
Our action-oriented Green Belt Certificate program is distinguished from other lean programs in its dedication to providing training in soft skills, methodological rigor and quantitative tools of Lean Six Sigma while also coaching participants on the development, implementation, evaluation, and presentation of a lean project. Mercer’s program is structured to align with the American Society for Quality (ASQ’s) standards for Lean Six Sigma.
As part of our credentialing process, participants are expected to develop a project charter and carry out a small, but meaningful process change plan in a division of their organization. Mercer faculty will serve as coaches while participants work as change agents, applying the Lean Six Sigma training from the classroom directly to the workplace.
Throughout the training, participants will transition between workshop lectures, critical discussions, multiple hands-on simulations, and active peer feedback on project development.
- Take the Lead gain practical experience initiating, implementing, and evaluating firm projects
- Influence Change build personal leadership and team building skills to effectively manage organizational change
- Think Strategically develop the ability to recognize project priorities, coordinate resources more effectively, and identify and manage risk
- Personalized Support benefit from one-on-one coaching with Mercer faculty throughout the project duration to ensure lean tools are effectively implemented
Session One – Burning Platform, Leadership, and Team Dynamics
- Burning platform
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Introduction to business analytics
- Principles of effective lean leadership and team dynamics
- Project charter
- Change management
Session Two – Foundation for A3 Thinking and Lean Processes
- Risk analysis and types of human failures
- SMART goals, personal responsibility, and decision-making
- Root cause analysis
- Lean fundamentals
- Fundamental of business analytics, including Excel training – part 1
Session Three – Process Improvement Fundamentals and Business Analytics
- Seven Types of waste
- Value stream mapping
- Hypothesis testing
- Fundamentals of business analytics, including Excel training – part 2
Final Project Presentations
- Evaluations of project pilot and hypothesis testing
- Analyze leadership, team, and cultural issues
- Develop a monitoring and response plan for continuous improvement
A teacher, researcher and consultant, Dr. Kushins examines organizational cultures, family businesses, HR practices, and organizational routines. He has published on topics ranging from race and discrimination in hiring to R&D development in Chinese family business. He also consults for small...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.