Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Managers who have to deal with questions concerning the feasibility and selection of investments
- Managers wanting to launch investment projects from an operational standpoint, and don’t have the financial knowledge to assess their profitability
About the course
Investments are necessary to create value, however, they can impact the Balance Sheet negatively. Investing is all about weighing up risks. That’s why it is useful to have frameworks and methods to help you make informed decisions. This programme introduces concepts such as cash flow, net working capital, payback and net present value (NPV).
You will be able to better manage the net capital in your company and to assess the profitability of your investment projects with more accuracy. You will make informed decisions about all aspects of investment. And you will always maintain an equilibrium in the management of investment-linked risks.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Grasping Financial Management':
- Master all key concepts such as cash flow, net working capital, payback and net present value (NPV)
- Learn different methods for developing an investment policy
- Learn how to draw up a financial plan like an expert
- Develop a deep understanding of the complete investment process
The programme 'Grasping Financial Management' consists of two tracks:
Module 1: Raising financing & working capital management
- Introduction to the key concepts in financial management: cash flow, net working capital, payback and net present value (NPV)
- Developing and implementing a financial plan
- Managing working capital
Module 2: Investment decisions
- Front-to-end analysis of the investment process
- In-depth exploration of various selection methods: Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), etc.
- Feasibility and financing of investments and their related risks
- Assessing the profitability of investment projects
You can follow this programme on its own or as part of the complete package ‘Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers’.
Wouter De Maeseneire obtained his PhD from Erasmus University Rotterdam. He has worked as Assistant Professor in Corporate Finance at Erasmus and as Visiting Professor at Vlerick Business School. Currently he is Associate Professor in Corporate Finance at Vlerick and Visiting Professor at Erasmus...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.