Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is intended for entry- and intermediate-level program and project managers.
About the course
Scrum is the fastest growing Agile project management methodology. Managing a Scrum Team is the responsibility of the Product Owner, who is challenged with evaluating and controlling delivery, communicating across teams, and making final decisions to approve requirements. In this course, you will explore the responsibilities and expectations of the Product Owner role and learn how a Product Owner can infuse Federal priorities, goals, and vision into a development team. You will gain the skills needed to manage the product backlog and move the project forward with each iteration.
- Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:Understand concepts of the Agile/Scrum environment as implemented in government projects
- Demonstrate assembly of a skilled Agile Scrum Team and apply effective communication strategies with stakeholders
- Demonstrate construction of an effective Agile/Scrum vision
- Describe and demonstrate concepts of using Release Management in Agile/Scrum deployment of government projects
- Understand and apply basic concepts of creating user stories and their value in Product Backlog grooming
- Understand and define basic principles of Scrum project execution, reviews, and necessary definitions of done for completion of project deliverable
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.