About the course
Impress for Success at Social Gatherings
From holiday celebrations to conferences, team dinners and corporate retreats — work events give you a great opportunity to connect with coworkers and interact with power-players, but they can be disastrous to your career if you don’t mind your manners.
How confident are you in your ability to use the correct manners at such gatherings?
That is where this webinar comes in. For 90 minutes, you will learn how to present yourself to impress at conferences, meetings, networking events, cocktail parties and other social gatherings.
You’ll gain practical insight into what to do, how to do it and especially what to avoid.
You never know who you might meet. Having good business manners may make the difference between advancing your career and missing out on a valuable opportunity.
What you will cover
The role of etiquette is to create an environment that allows everyone to feel comfortable. This webinar gives you specific approaches and advice covering:
- RSVPs: the proper way to accept or decline an invitation
- When to arrive, when to leave
- How to introduce yourself and introduce others
- Pointers on creating comfortable small talk
- Handling difficult or controversial conversation subjects
- Tips for exiting conversations gracefully
- How to smoothly move from group to group
- How to handle passed hors d'oeuvres
- Dining advice for buffet or sit-down meals
- Toasting etiquette: making and responding
- How to follow up after the event
Business events are filled with career-building opportunities and, even worse, career-busting land mines. Join us and discover how to navigate them with success!
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand protocols for sending and accepting invitations, punctuality, and appropriate follow-ups
- Navigate self-introductions, small talk and conversations
- Apply dining and drinking manners during cocktail hours and meals
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.