Golden Rules of Etiquette for Business Events
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
Impress for Success at Social Gatherings
From holiday celebrations to conferences, team dinners and corporate retreats — work events give you a great opportunity to connect with coworkers and interact with power-players, but they can be disastrous to your career if you don’t mind your manners.
How confident are you in your ability to use the correct manners at such gatherings?
That is where this webinar comes in. For 90 minutes, you will learn how to present yourself to impress at conferences, meetings, networking events, cocktail parties and other social gatherings.
You’ll gain practical insight into what to do, how to do it and especially what to avoid.
You never know who you might meet. Having good business manners may make the difference between advancing your career and missing out on a valuable opportunity.
What you will cover
The role of etiquette is to create an environment that allows everyone to feel comfortable. This webinar gives you specific approaches and advice covering:
- RSVPs: the proper way to accept or decline an invitation
- When to arrive, when to leave
- How to introduce yourself and introduce others
- Pointers on creating comfortable small talk
- Handling difficult or controversial conversation subjects
- Tips for exiting conversations gracefully
- How to smoothly move from group to group
- How to handle passed hors d'oeuvres
- Dining advice for buffet or sit-down meals
- Toasting etiquette: making and responding
- How to follow up after the event
Business events are filled with career-building opportunities and, even worse, career-busting land mines. Join us and discover how to navigate them with success!
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand protocols for sending and accepting invitations, punctuality, and appropriate follow-ups
- Navigate self-introductions, small talk and conversations
- Apply dining and drinking manners during cocktail hours and meals
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.