Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- General managers overseeing full-service hotels
- Senior hospitality professionals such as managing directors, assistant general managers, executive assistant managers, and operations directors
About the course
In this program, you'll gain insights about competitive trends and influences in the global hospitality industry, and you'll identify the priorities and operational implications for your organization. You'll examine the most current and important economic, demographic, and social challenges within the global hospitality industry and distinguish the ways in which your organization's HR function can be leveraged to address your specific needs. The sessions will involve discussion and analysis of current events along with a formal audit of your organization's key HR policies and practices as a basis for developing a customized improvement plan during the in-person session at Cornell, “Creating Customized HR Solutions.”
Labor Markets and the Evolving Hospitality Workforce
The Future of Work and Implications for Functional Structure and Job Design
Technology and Making Your Life Easier
The Human Dimension: Going Beyond Engagement
Key course takeaways
- Develop a broad understanding about the nature of the competitive forces that have a direct impact on HR decision making
- Identify the core strengths and weaknesses of your property/organization's HR function
- Create a plan for improving/enhancing your property/organization's HR function that addresses your current priorities and aligns with the competitive conditions that you're currently facing
Biography J. Bruce Tracey is a professor of management at Cornell University''s School of Hotel Administration. He has taught courses in human resources management for undergraduate, graduate, and professional audiences throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, and he h...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.