Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- General managers overseeing full-service hotels
- Senior hospitality professionals such as managing directors, assistant general managers, executive assistant managers, and operations directors
About the course
An increasingly complex global business environment requires general managers to think strategically to make smarter business decisions. This program offers participants innovative, practical, and profitable solutions for dealing with global trends in order to improve revenue, profit, and customer loyalty. Through presentations, discussions, case studies, and real-life examples, you'll explore the latest practical and fast-paced lessons in the application of strategic thinking to challenges and opportunities facing the hospitality industry. “Best in the business” (and some worst!) case studies and examples will be drawn from businesses worldwide. At the end of this program, you can expect to take away ideas for implementation in your own business.
The Big Picture: Explore the key trends affecting hospitality and leverage them into better business practices
Analysis and Application: Identify the most important trends for you and define action steps to test on your organization
Presentations, Discussion, and a Plan of Action (Part I): Present your action plan and discuss actionable business ideas
Presentations, Discussion, and a Plan of Action (Part II): Present your action plan and discuss actionable business ideas
Key course takeaways
- Identify the key challenges and opportunities facing hospitality businesses today, including the current and future challenges created by COVID-19
- Discuss and learn from best-practice examples of successful companies
- Apply new ideas, concepts, and principles to your hotel to develop innovative, practical, profitable, and actionable strategies
Chekitan S. Dev is professor of marketing at Cornell University''s School of Hotel Administration in the SC Johnson College of Business. Since 1986, Professor Dev has taught over 15,000 students and executives both on campus and throughout the world. He is internationally recognized for his teach...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.