Who should attend
This certificate is geared toward aspiring global professionals, managers and executives who are leaders responsible for resilience, adaptability, and innovation within governments and businesses to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Designed for working professionals in public and private sectors, this certificate will empower you with the skills and knowledge necessary to find innovative solutions for tomorrow’s challenges. If you are ready to be a successful global 4IR leader in today’s rapidly evolving world, this certificate is right for you.
About the course
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is changing the way we live, work and communicate. As it reshapes every aspect of life with a wide variety of new technologies, global leaders need to be prepared for the impact those often disruptive technologies have on government and organizations. Innovative technologies like artificial intelligence permeate our daily home and work lives, and offer incredible opportunities for growth and productivity, as well as competition and applications with questionable ethical implications. Navigating this challenging new world effectively takes certain skills, insights, great partnerships, and new models of business & governance, as well as amendments to existing regulatory systems.
- Understand the concept of the 4IR and recognize its importance Examine the different ways in which 4IR technologies, such as artificial intelligence, could impact work in general and your organization specifically
- Develop critical skills to lead in this new era and create value through emerging technologies Gain relevant insights as to what is needed to appropriately govern and regulate 4IR technologies
- Examine the ethical considerations and challenges involved in leading in the 4IR Develop strategies to remain competitive as technologies rapidly evolve and impact economic growth
- Examine the different ways in which 4IR technologies, such as artificial intelligence, could impact work in general and your organization specifically
- Gain relevant insights as to what is needed to appropriately govern and regulate 4IR technologies
- Develop strategies to remain competitive as technologies rapidly evolve and impact economic growth
Micro-Certificate: What Is the 4IR and Why Does It Matter? An introduction to the opportunities, challenges, technologies and dynamics of a new age
- What do we mean by the 4IR?
- What are the different IRs?
- How is the Covid-19 pandemic accelerating the 4IR?
- Which technologies are at the heart of the 4IR?
- What are the new dynamics That orgs are experiencing?
- How are organisations reacting in terms of strategy?
Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of the 4IR and recognize why it is important
Recognize the different 4IR technologies and appreciate why they are transformative
Take a systems-level view to assess the direct and indirect impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution at the macro, meso and micro levels for your organization
Micro-Certificate: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: A Deep Dive on AI
- What is AI?
- What is the difference between strong AI and weak AI and why it matters?
- How can AI be integrated into existing value chains?
- AI versus Intelligent Automation
- Bias in algorithms. Explicit vs Implicit bias
Participants should recognize concepts, principles, issues, & events related to artificial intelligence and its development.
Participants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the ways AI can be used by organizations and governments to improve operations and people's lives. Participants should be able to assess AI-related concepts and perceptions to further develop your understanding of AI and its place in the world.
Mark Esposito, PhD, is recognized internationally as a top global thought leader in matters relating to The Fourth Industrial Revolution, the changes and opportunities that technology will bring to a variety of industries. He is Co-Founder and Chief Learning Officer at Nexus FrontierTech, an AI s...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.