Who should attend
The programme is designed for top-tier business leaders including board members, C-Suite executives, presidents, and chief decision-makers of companies with interests or a presence in the African continent.
Participants have an average of 20 years experience in senior management roles and reflect a diversity of the sector, profiles and cultural backgrounds.
About the course
As an industry leader, you map out your company’s course, chart its strategy and foster a culture guided by clear objectives and a shared mission. Today the global, interconnected world calls for executive leaders who are uniquely attuned to the economic currents and market shifts that could advance or undermine their firm’s long-term sustainability.
The Global CEO – Africa Programme has been designed and developed to enhance your strategic vision and equip you with new tools to better navigate disruptive trends that could impact your business. Bringing together business leaders to co-create the African leadership solution as they individually transform their organisations.
Module I - Understanding the Global and East & Southern Africa Perspectives
- Leadership – Role of the CEO in Africa and effective leadership strategies
- Concepts of global and African economies
- Understanding the Eastern and Southern African business contexts
- Crafting and shaping your organisational international strategy
- Creating value through expansion – Eastern and Southern Africa
Module II – Understanding the West Africa perspective & Building your Expansion Strategy
- Understanding the business context in West, North and Central Africa
- Emerging market dynamics
- Governance and Leadership
- People management in the 21st Century
- Strategy implementation and execution
- Creating value through expansion – West, North and Central Africa
Module III – Global Positioning and Strategy Formulation & African Leadership Solutions
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Leadership in adversarial times
- Understanding and leading culture
- Growth and expansion into emerging markets
- Global and emerging markets economic outlook
- Creating value through global expansion – emerging markets
- Executive Challenge
Henry is a Senior Fellow and full-time faculty in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management at Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria. He is the Academic Director for LBS of the Global CEO - Africa programme, run in conjunction with IESE Business School, Barcel...
Carl is a director and partner of BluSkye People Solutions. BluSkye specialises in consulting on change managment, organisational culture and climate as well as team development and team effectiveness. We provide a comprehensive executive coaching process aimed at assisting organisational executi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.