Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Highly-functional managers, with a clear professional trajectory, aspiring to become C-level top organizational leaders within multinational companies. Candidates may have around 10-15 years of professional experience and seek a dynamic program that offers practical solutions and managerial skills that will help them maintain an edge over the competition.
About the course
Each year we take on a small group of 20-30 leaders and work together to help you transform your future. In the last two years, we have brought together some fantastic participants from all over the world, and many different sectors, ready to step up and shape their business, to lead their futures. They have gone on to thrive in their own worlds, and are still part of the Global AMP community. You can join them.
WHY THE TIME IS NOW?
DEVELOP DISRUPTIVE MINDSET
Gain a future-forward profile and seamlessly pivot, adapt and succeed in a changing business environment.
PRESTIGE AND QUALITY
An international faculty made up of deeply knowledgeable experts and experienced professionals guarantees unmatched teaching quality and academic rigor.
INNOVATE AND ENGAGE
Build a cutting-edge toolkit with our constantly updated, practical content while discovering how world-leading organizations are disrupting business with new innovations.
Our Liquid Learning approach leverages technology and innovation to offer students a seamless, flexible learning environment no matter where they are.
AN OUTLINE OF TRANSFORMATION
STEP UP TO LEAD THE POST-PANDEMIC FUTURE
The pandemic has forced organizations to evolve in a rapidly changing world, and leaders must step up to think and act in new ways. Now more than ever, the world needs leaders with new mindsets and skills—leaders who are capable of transforming businesses while evolving personally and professionally. Are you ready for the change?
In these uncertain but important times, the “liquid” learning structure empowers you to accelerate your leadership journey and prepare for transformation. Combining online and in-person learning over a longer period, the updated AMP format is now even more accessible, practical and aligned to the evolving needs of your business. Learn as you work, while putting your new knowledge immediately into practice.
TOPICAL, PRACTICAL CONTENT
The continuously updated academic content anticipates changing business needs as we emerge from the pandemic and beyond. Discover the megatrends that are driving global markets and intelligent tech innovations, while exploring the emergence of new business models and ways of working. Leveraging insights from disruptive companies who are shaping the world right now, we prepare you for the leadership challenges of today and tomorrow.
TRANSFORMING YOUR BUSINESS, TRANSFORMING YOURSELF
The program’s dynamic learning style will help you transform your business and yourself in a world of rapid and continuous change. Throughout the program, we will guide you through the world of business as you undergo a journey of self-discovery. We will zig, exploring the best new business ideas transforming the markets; and we will zag, shifting to a relaxed environment where we focus on your personal leadership challenges and growth.
DEEP DIVES, VISITING SOME OF THE WORLD’S LEADING BUSINESSES
Markets are changing in the blink of an eye, and textbooks cannot keep up with the pace. That’s why, one day each week, we take you on a deep dive into four of the world’s most exciting businesses. You will discover the future of fashion at Inditex’s fast factory, the new world of banking over at BBVA’s innovation lab, Airbus Industries’ manufacturing disruptors, and a unique vineyard to experience a new world of consumer goods.
The various subjects that make up the Global AMP are divided into five modules, each one focused on an important aspect of the changing world of business and leadership. This is no traditional general management program. Participants will look holistically at the future of the business world and develop the skills to build an innovative vision as a cutting-edge leader.
Modules 1 and 3 will be online, built around a 4 hour session each Friday for 10 weeks. During these sessions we will bring together the best ideas from around the business world, with expert faculty, and also take you on “deep dives” into what is happening right now in some of the world’s leading businesses.
Modules 2 and 4 will be residential, one week in Segovia, a world heritage site in Spain, and one week in the capital, Madrid. These weeks will also feature leading faculty brought together from around the world, and also enable more time for group networking and collaboration with colleagues who typically come from many different industries and every part of the world. Week 4 concludes with your graduation at IE Business School.
MODULE 1: FUTURE LAB
Making sense of change, exploring megatrends and their implications for business, today and tomorrow, and making better choices for your future direction, are all essential to successful leadership. The rise of emerging markets, new technologies and next-generation audiences is accompanied by the increasing scarcity of resources, social fragmentation and climate change. The Fourth Industrial Revolution heralds a new era for business and society, from digitalization and automation to 3D printing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Rocket ships: How will you lead the future, shape it in your own vision, and take your business on an uncertain journey towards a better tomorrow?
- Exponential technologies: Harnessing the potential of new capabilities, from digital and big data to biotech and nanotech as well as AI and robotics.
- Resource scarcity: Changing sources of energy, the peak of rare metals, high-tech components, patented technologies, talent and creativity.
- Human impacts: Rethinking work, education and employment, aging and healthcare, urbanization and belonging, wealth and happiness.
- Future shaping: Making sense of change and making better choices. Harnessing the value drivers and using scenario planning to shape the future you want.
MODULE 2: GROWTH LAB
Markets are complex, competitive and dynamic. New markets emerge, and old markets decline, as new audiences, new aspirations and new possibilities drive new growth. Focusing on the best opportunities for growth becomes key to your future, and reimagining how your business can embrace them profitably. Digital markets have no limits, and allow even the smallest businesses to have a huge impact, while accelerating the convergence of sectors and businesses.– so what is your purpose, that will guide you through the future horizons of growth?
- Growth markets: Exploring the changing the nature of markets. Creating new spaces based on new customers and solutions, driving your growth horizons.
- Inspiring purpose: Finding your north star, why your business exists, and how putting purpose beyond profit, can transform your activities and success.
- Customer futures: Understanding the changing aspirations and behaviours of customers, with deeper insight to understand and engage them better.
- Platform markets: Harnessing the power of digital networks to create new market models that bring buyers and sellers together in new ways, creating new value.
- Growth accelerators: Consumer data, digital network, and new business models enable you to accelerate every aspect of business, and your future growth.
MODULE 3: CREATIVE LAB
Disruption is everywhere, whether it’s a start-up challenging established giants, new technologies replacing inefficient processes, simplicity outperforming complexity or customers challenging businesses to do better. The impact can be dramatic. Reputations can be made and destroyed in a matter of days, while veteran companies are wiped off the map. How can you turn the tables and become the disrupter by developing insights, ideas, innovative strategies and business models that can be delivered quickly and efficiently?
- Faster innovation: Transforming ideas into new solutions, strategies into action, embracing disruptive change, to reimagine your future business.
- Creative designs: Harnessing the power of creativity, fused with deep insight, to design better solutions – products and services, experiences and business.
- Sustainable innovation: Innovating to solve the biggest social and environmental challenges, in a way that is good for the world, and more profitable too.
- Business Models: Rethinking how organisations work to deliver innovative propositions, leveraging assets and partners to create new ways of working.
- Invincible companies: Bringing together your innovation portfolio as a source of relentless progress and profitable growth for your business.
MODULE 4: ACTION LAB
Organisations thrive on an inspiring purpose, aligned business model, innovation inside and outside, driving change and high performance. They constantly drive change and transformation, working through projects to create seize new opportunities. People are energised by a positive culture, harnessing the best talents of man and machine, with the agility to continually adapt and respond to changing markets, develop new capabilities and partnerships, and reach new heights. How can you transform, mobilise and energise your organization with a strategy to deliver the best performance today, and create an even better future?
- Winning strategies: Defining the right direction and priorities, guided by an inspiring purpose, and harnessing the drivers of value.
- Driving change: Making better, more strategic decisions every day, turning strategy into implementation, while using the right metrics and rewards, to drive transformation and performance.
- Fast and agile: Shaping organisations and processes to be agile and efficient, leveraging strengths and addressing weaknesses both internally and externally.
- Energising people: Mobilising employees to think and deliver strategy innovatively and profitably, unlocking the power of teams and humanity in a positive culture.
- Sustaining impact: Ensuring that the organisation has the capacity to renew and adapt to deliver shared value in the short and long term.
MODULE 5: AMPLIFIED LEADERSHIP
The best leaders amplify the potential of their teams and their business. By developing an effective leadership style, they can inspire, engage, connect and support to drive long-term direction and meet short-term goals. Leaders of the future will drive change in a way that unlocks talent and performance, constantly reinventing organisations. How will you lead yourself, your team and your business towards a better future, one that combines purpose with passion, profit and progress? This module is interspersed across the whole program, in order to connect with the many different business topics.
- Great leaders: Business are obsessed with leadership, but how do leaders really add value, engage people effectively and deliver better results?
- Authentic organizations: From corporate to personal reputations, how do you build trust and authenticity inside and outside the business?
- Talent beacons: How to attract, engage and retain the best people in an ideas-driven world – to nurture, motivate, and inspire them to create the future.
- High performance: Improving your personal and business wellbeing to drive high performance, physically and mentally, agile and resilient, with a winning mindset.
- Leadership style: Why should you be the leader? What do you have that will take your company further? And why will anyone want to be led by you?
Throughout the program, you will work on a unique individual project. The Gamechangers Project tasks you with taking what you’ve learned in every module and applying it directly to your business in real time to identify and address your unique set of challenges and opportunities. You will develop an invaluable blueprint for the future through five specific outcomes—presented as maps—to assist your leadership transformation both personally and professionally.
These maps include:
- Future Map: Develop a vision for the future of your industry. Define how you will shape it to best serve your business’ interests and seize the best opportunities for growth.
- Growth Map: Shape your markets by forecasting where you will unlock opportunities and how you will engage with the changing customer landscape.
- Innovation Map: Reinvent your business model to deliver future innovations in practical, efficient and profitable ways.
- Organization Map: Harmonize your direction and strategy. Optimize your processes, people, metrics and performance to deliver results.
- Impact Map: Define your role in leading your company or department to nurture a bright, inspiring and successful future.
- Peer-to-peer presentations and close collaboration with tutors will guide your progress on the project. Your work will also be guided by the Leadership Development Plan, which includes personalized coaching sessions.
GET READY TO LEAD YOUR BUSINESS—AND LEAD THE FUTURE
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The Leadership Development Plan (LDP ) has been designed to help each participant gain the maximum benefit from the program and construct a roadmap for development beyond the Global AMP.
- Identifying your talents, strengths and skills
- Helping you make meaningful career decisions through a deeper understanding of your underlying goals and motivation
- Recognizing and managing “derailers”: negative traits that could hinder your progress towards a senior executive position
Founder of The Leadership Academy of Barcelona (LAB) and author of Sustaining Executive Performance (Pearson, 2015) and Chief Wellbeing Officer (LID, 2018) Dr. MacGregor blends his training in design thinking with his experience as an elite athlete to deliver sustainable leadership. LAB clients i...
Mia de Kuijper, MPP ’83, PhD ’83 economics, is the Senior Vice President and Strategy Advisor at Salesforce. Mia has successfully built and run companies and academic institutions. Her previous global corporate leadership positions have been at Royal Dutch Shell, PepsiCo, and AT&T, and she ha...
Biography Dr Tse is an Associate Professor of Finance at the London campus of ESCP Europe Business School. He has lectured executives and post-graduate level students in top business schools among them ESCP Europe Business School, Cambridge Judge Business School, Vlerick Business School, Aalto Ex...
Juan-Carlos Pastor is a professor of organizational behavior and the academic director of the Center for Global Leadership at IE. He teaches courses on Organizational Behavior, Leadership, coaching, and Managing People Skills. He earned an M.A. in Social Psychology from Clark University, a Ph.D....
Peter Fisk is a global thought leader in leadership and strategy, innovation and marketing. He is a bestselling author, expert consultant and keynote speaker, helping business leaders to develop innovative strategies for business and brands. He is a thinker, advisor and practical entrepreneur. H...
Jim Hagemann Snabe is the Chairman of Siemens and Maersk, one of the world’s top leaders, leader of World Economic Forum council. Education Aarhus Universitet Intro PhDС Operational Research Aarhus Universitet Master of Business Administration (MBA) Operational Research, Financing Ribe Katedrals...
Dr. Mark Esposito is an Adjunct Professor of Strategy at IE Business School and a Professor Business and Economics at Hult International Business School as well as at Harvard University’s Division of Continuing Education. He also serves as Institutes Council Co-Leader, for the Microeconomics of C...
Rob-Jan de Jong is an international speaker, writer and consultant on strategy and leadership themes. He serves as an expert lecturer at various leading business schools such as the Wharton Business School (USA), Thunderbird School of Global Management (USA), Nyenrode Business University (The Net...
Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez is the global champion of project management. He has transformed project management into one of the central issues on every CEO’s 2030 agenda. He is the creator of concepts such as the “Hierarchy of Purpose” featured by Harvard Business Review, or the “Project Economy“; wh...
Verónica Reyero is a business anthropologist based in Valencia, Spain. She graduated in Social and Cultural Anthropology from the University of Granada and holds a Master’s degree in Rational Use of Medicines from the University of Valencia. As a researcher, Veronica has worked both in public and...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.