About the course
Followers are not interested in leaders who cannot, or will not, "walk the talk". Asking people to change, improve and achieve more is a waste of time when their leader cannot model the desired behaviors in his or her own life. Participants in this session will learn that personal leadership is at the foundation of the leadership process and that, in order to build trust and lead the business forward, they must first take on the responsibility of leading themselves. Participants will also learn to focus on the true drivers of performance, regain critical planning and personal time, dramatically increase work and life engagement, and get more done in less time with less stress.
Prioritizing for results
- Focus on results and the true drivers of performance.
- One question to prioritize more effectively.
- Improve and lead the business, don’t just manage it.
- Manage work delegated to others.
- What to plan daily vs. Weekly vs. Monthly.
- Swift execution (planning and speed).
- Defending the plan.
- How to regain critical planning and personal time.
Personal leadership & goal achievement
- Stay balanced and prevent burnout.
- Be decisive at the right time and with the right decisions.
- Inspire, motivate and lead others.
- Know when to stop and when to charge ahead.
Proactive vs. Reactive
- End procrastination of high quality work.
- Switch from using adrenaline to endorphins to complete difficult or unpleasant tasks.
- Manage and get the most out of procrastinators.
- Drive a proactive culture into your business.
- Keep a two minute interruption to two minutes without harming the relationship.
- Prevent unnecessary interruptions.
- Establish rules and expectations you implement company wide.
The skills of great execution
- Manage tasks, appointments, contacts and notes more efficiently.
- Get all commitments in one system and track them from anywhere.
- Set and forget future tasks.
- Spend less time logging, delegating and following up.
Managerial & executive level delegation
- Why delegate.
- How to delegate effectively.
- Opportunity cost of not delegating.
- Return on investment to the business of great delegation.
Steve McClatchy is a keynote speaker, workshop leader and author of the New York Times bestseller Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress & Lead by Example. Steve has spoken before thousands of audiences on the topics of leadership, performance, personal growth, and work/life engagement. H...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.