Georgia Tech Basic Economic Development Course
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
The Annual Basic Economic Development Course (BEDC) has been the first professional step for over 3,000 economic developers. This four-day conference encourages you to network with industry peers and experts, explore the fundamentals and emerging concepts of comprehensive economic development, and transform into an influential local leader as you immediately implement tools and skills you gain. For more information, please visit the Georgia Tech Basic Economic Development Course website.
What You Will Learn
- Innovative community development
- Regional economics
- Basic factors in development
- Techniques of economic development
- Trends in economic development
How You Will Benefit
- Develop a valuable network of fellow economic developers.
- Learn from some of the most dynamic economic development leaders in the nation.
- Be exposed to cutting-edge economic development trends to help your community build for the future.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BECOMING INVOLVED IN YOUR STATE ED ASSOCIATION
COMMUNITY IMPACTS OF INNOVATION DISTRICTS
REAL ESTATE AND REUSE
- How to effectively work with site selectors
- 12 for Life
- Economic development marketing and attraction
- How to measure the impact of development
- A practitioner's perspective
- Strategic planning
- Economic development on the ground
- Disruptive technologies on future economic development
- Ethics in economic development
- Innovations in economic development research
- How to manage economic development organizations
BUSINESS RETENTION AND EXPANSION
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- An entrepreneur's perspective
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
HOW TO HANDLE THE MEDIA
- International Economic Development Council (EDC)
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic developers who want to gain insight on trends impacting the profession and practice of economic development.