About the course
Why are some people consistently creative and others strikingly unoriginal? In this talk, you’ll understand the various myths we apply when trying to encourage creativity and replace them with well-researched facts instead. Using insights from the wealth of research on organizational creativity, you’ll receive practical implications and realistic strategies for encouraging innovation. (This talk is based on David’s book The Myths Of Creativity.)
Where do creative ideas come from?
- What managers need to know about the nature of creativity
The psychology of creativity
- Debunking the myths around creative work
- Understanding how creativity and innovation work in organizations
The creative process
- Getting a total picture of using creativity to solve problems
- Using the skill set of design thinking to solve business problems
The creative leader
- How managers and leaders shape the environment for creative work
David Burkus is a best-selling author, a sought after keynote speaker, and Associate Professor of Leadership and Innovation. In 2017, he was named as one of the world’s top business thought leaders by Thinkers50 His newest book, Friend of a Friend, offers readers a new perspective on how to grow...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.