University of Bath School of Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Managers with responsibility for idea generation, growth, innovation and entrepreneurial approaches. Anyone aspiring to innovate more successfully within their organisation and enable teams to innovate and behave entrepreneurially.
About the course
Accelerate innovation and generate new business opportunities in the face of unprecedented levels of change.
Identify, evaluate and pursue new business opportunities
The current business environment is characterised by unprecedented levels of change. Companies that don’t adapt fast enough can lose their leading positions. Continuous innovation is essential to adapt to new trends and generate new markets.
The focus of this three day programme is on creating the ability to identify valuable business opportunities by developing an entrepreneurial mind set. Through practical hands-on activities, you will explore tools and methods to scan global trends and identify opportunities. You will learn how design thinking can be used for idea generation and problem solving to produce real innovation.
Develop your skills in designing a business model to take full advantage of opportunities. Learn how to analyse existing business models and understand the principles to generate business model innovation, leading to real value generation. By the end of the programme, you will understand the processes that both accelerate innovation and the generation of valuable new business opportunities.
What the programme covers
Entrepreneurial Mind Set
The elements of an entrepreneurial mindset How to develop an entrepreneurial mindset Global trends and the identification of new business opportunities Practical activities to challenge and develop your entrepreneurial self
Design Thinking and Idea Generation for Problem Solving
- Analysing business models
- Designing business models
- Generating business model innovation
- Business model innovation in practice
How you will benefit
- Enhanced skills in identifying, evaluating and pursuing new business opportunities
- Discover your entrepreneurial self and accelerate innovation
- Understand how global trends can generate new business opportunities
- Design business models capable of exploiting opportunities
- Understand principles of business model innovation, leading to significant value generation
- Greater confidence to effectively communicate your business ideas to others
How your organisation will benefit
- Greater ability to identify valuable business opportunities
- Enhanced ability to lead innovation processes
- Confidence to suggest new ideas to accelerate innovation
- Enhanced problem solving capabilities to improve efficiency
- Ability to pitch new ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyse business models and suggest innovations
Personal profile Research interests I completed my PhD at Aston Business School and since then have worked at Aston University and the University of Bath. Prior to joining academia, I was an entrepreneur who started and managed a company for three years. I then decided to close the busines...