Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Functional heads, managers and technologists aiming to move on to general management responsibilities as business heads/COOs/CEOs
- Professionals seeking to re-vitalize their careers by broadening their knowledge of business
- Participants have at least 5-10 years of managerial experience
About the course
Disruptive innovations, emerging digital technologies and global competition call for managers with an adaptive mindset and evolving competencies. Businesses need leaders who can contribute beyond their field of functional expertise.
General Management Programme on IIMBx (GMPx) - Batch 2, has been designed to provide an accelerated journey of personal and professional growth by focusing on leadership skills, business acumen and a global perspective.
GMPx2 is a part-time certificate programme designed to provide the skills, knowledge and global perspectives required to be proficient in today’s corporate world. The programme is based on the highly successful EGMP which is in its 53rd edition and IIMBx, the Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) of IIMB’s Digital Learning centre.(IIMB ranked 3rd in MOOC performance among B Schools globally)
- Introduce contemporary business models and practices to the participants
- Develop competence in the disciplines and skills associated with general management
- Provide guidance to think through business strategies with a global perspective
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Competence to move to general management roles
- Develop and implement business strategies with a global perspective
- Leadership skills to manage people for results
- Knowledge of emerging digital skills
- Knowledge of emerging contemporary business models
Today’s business environment is complex and fast changing. Companies are reinventing their business models to cope with or leverage disruptive technologies. Making sense of these rapid changes is becoming critical for gaining a competitive advantage.
The programme is structured around the following building blocks and will delivered in 5 phases :
- Business Environment
- Functional Knowledge
- Strategic Perspective
- Individual and Organizational Competencies
Phase – 1 Business Environment
- The Economic environment
- Disruptive technologies
Phase – 2 Functional Knowledge
- Financial acumen
- Operational excellence
- Business analytics
- Winning and keeping customers
Phase – 3 Strategic Perspective
- Corporate Strategy & Innovation
- Technology driven business models
Phase – 4 Individual and Organizational Competencies
- Organization Structures and Processes
- Resource Optimization
Phase – 5 Electives
- Strategy and Leadership
- Marketing and Analytics
- Corporate Governance
Dr. Jose is a Professor in the Strategy Area. Prior to joining IIMB, he was a member of the faculty at the Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad. Professor Jose teaches core courses on strategy and electives on Corporate Environmental Management, Sustainable Enterprises and Understandi...
Professor G Shainesh has over two decades of research and teaching experience in India and abroad. He has conducted research and teaching assignments at the University of Gothenburg (Sweden), University of St. Gallen (Switzerland), Audencia Nantes and IESEG (France), Vienna University and MCI Inn...
Her research interests are in the field of Multi-generations in the Workplace, Women in Management and Boards, Ethics Teaching in Business Schools, HRM in Rapid Growth Organizations and Ethics, and CSR in Micro, Small and Mid-sized enterprises. Journal Publications: Makhecha, U. P., Srinivasan, ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.