Who should attend
Mid-career professionals with potential for growth who have not had the benefit of formal B-School education.
Graduates with a minimum of 5 years experience in Software/IT industry.
Technologists seeking to broaden their knowledge of business and move on to general management responsibilities as business heads.
About the course
GMITE is a part-time certificate programme that has been designed for Software and IT professionals, who are looking for transition from technical / functional roles to general management roles.
GMITE is also relevant for fasttrack managers, who have recently taken charge of a general management role, in terms of equipping them with the ability to cope with responsibilities and issues at that level through formal management education.
Participants of GMITE get an opportunity to develop core business skills and competencies and handle issues involving crossfunctional areas.
The Specialty of GMITE is bringing together participants of various backgrounds, skills and experiences; and develop crossfunctional skills through an intensive curriculum taught by the IIMB faculty. Participants will be exposed to case studies and discussion, role-play, games, etc., and will benefit through continuous learning and networking with peers from different backgrounds, during and after the programme
This programme aims to achieve the following objectives
Develop competencies and skills essential for senior management roles.
Impart contextual and functional knowledge of contemporary high quality management education.
Provide guidance to think through advanced business strategies in diverse competitive scenarios
• Moving from technical excellence to business leadership requires core competencies and a broader perspective.
• The GMITE prepares participants for this challenging transition by focusing on five essential themes: Business Context, Environment, Customers, Competencies and Finance.
Managing the Business Context
• Understanding and Implementing Strategy
• International and Multi-Business Strategies
• Managing the Strategy Process
• Technology Management· Managing alliances and acquisition
• Outsourcing Strategies and Managing outsourcing relationships
Understanding the Environment
• Macro-economics and globalisation developments
• Legal Environment- International Contracts, IPR, International Tax Laws and Transfer Pricing.
Managing Customer Relationships
• Service Marketing Orientation
• Service Marketing Strategy Development
• Customer Relationship Management
• Understanding multi and cross culture environment
• Project Management
• Marketing Technology Products
• Team Building and Diversity Management
• Understanding Self· Leadership Development
• Organisation Structure and Design
• Business Negotiation skills
• Change Management
• Assessing financial health through financial reports
• Managing Cost and cost-based decisions
• Management Control Systems
• Financial Markets and sources
• Project Appraisal
• Working capital management
• Investment Banking
• Supply Chain Management
• Technology Management
• Six Sigma
• Marketing Research
• Project Course
(Specialization courses would be offered subject to a minimum of 20 participants opting for the course.)
The pedagogy of the course would facilitate participants to learn from three equally important sources of knowledge – self learning, learning through interaction with the faculty members and among the participants. It includes lectures and case studies, group exercises, role-plays, group discussions and interactive classroom simulations..
MNC Headquarter-Subsidiaries Relationships, Structuring and Managing Alliances and Joint Ventures, Issues In Managing Outsourcing, Role of Independent Directors in Company Boards , Managing and Sustaining Growth of IT Companies in India and Cloud Computing, Online Business Models and Strategies, ...
Professor Chetan Subramanian joined IIM Bangalore as an Associate Professor in the Economics Area in May 2010. Prior to joining IIM Bangalore, he was a faculty member at the University Of Buffalo, New York (SUNY). His research interests lie in the areas of monetary economics, financial markets an...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.