Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Experienced mid-to-senior level managers who are being positioned to take on a general management role or need to develop a broader perspective
- Who have recently moved into their role
About the course
Improve the way you manage day-to-day business while building resilient teams and implementing strategic direction.
Get a foundational understanding of strategy, marketing, finance, people and change management – and how they integrate for organisational success.
With key insights from experts in each field, our General Management Program will equip you with a framework for understanding the complexity and interrelation of challenges across your business.
The course is a great opportunity to broaden your executive skills and perspectives, while building the confidence needed to lead across different organisational functions.
Influence optimal performance
- Increase managerial impact
- Interpret financial data
- Align marketing and strategy
- Create and implement a strategic direction
Harness your leadership power
- Lead with a broader perspective
Build better teams
- Build robust, resilient teams and foster collaboration
- Understand, review and develop strategic action plans for your organisation to achieve greater performance and an effective and sustainable competitive advantage
- Learn how to build, manage and oversee the execution of effective marketing strategies to drive demand and business growth
- Understand and interpret key financial factors within your organisation to successfully evaluate and monitor your organisations financial performance
People and change management
- Learn how to drive the prioritisation of people in your organisation and support critical change processes successfully
Brandon Lee joined Melbourne Business School in 2014 and is currently Associate Professor of Business Strategy. Upon completing his PhD in Organisational Behaviour at Cornell University, Brandon was an Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at London Business School. Brandon’s res...
Presenter of financial management workshops for companies , executive education providers , government and not-for-profits. Director of a range of unlisted public and private companies. Current lecturing engagements include: • Program Director for Melbourne Business School's Finance for Non-Fin...
Don O’Sullivan joined Melbourne Business School in 2008 as an Associate Professor of Marketing. After completing his PhD at University College Cork, Don continued at Cork as a lecturer for eight years before travelling to Dublin to become the Director of Strategic Marketing at TecBrand. Don’s r...
Geoff Martin joined Melbourne Business School in 2012 and is now an Associate Professor of Strategy. Prior to completing his PhD at IE Business School in Madrid and his MBA at Melbourne Business School, Geoff held a number of senior strategy and operational risk positions at Deloitte (Sydney), GT...
Harnessing her passion for unlocking leadership capability in others, Aviva moved away from legal practice and into the consulting space; facilitating programs and coaching professionals from government, corporate and commercial clients. Aviva specialises in influence, negotiation and conflict ...
Narelle has more than 30 years’ experience as a HR Executive working in the resources sector with Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton. She has led a wide range of functions, including talent management, succession planning, performance management, sourcing & recruitment, diversity & inclusion an...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.