Who should attend
This online course is for anyone who works in marketing or wants to know how GDPR impacts the marketing industry.
About the course
GDPR requires a focus on accumulating and processing legally compliant personal data, enabling you to target an engaged customer base, with more personalised journeys. As this is likely to result in a higher return on investment, GDPR provides marketers with a game-changing opportunity.
This online, interactive course provides guidance on how to ensure your marketing strategy and campaigns are compliant with the GDPR. It takes an in-depth look at the key areas that will have a direct impact on marketing and the challenges that GDPR poses to the marketing list industry.
- The key elements of GDPR that affect marketers and the opportunity it provides
- Compliant opt-ins and opt-outs with everything you need to know around consent
- Best practice email, text and direct mail campaigns and learn how to keep people subscribed
- How to treat legacy contacts if you have relied on consent as their legal basis
- What ‘legitimate interest’ means and what to do if you are not sure that legitimate interest applies to you
- Whether to rely on consent or legitimate interests as your legal grounds for processing personal data
- The challenges GDPR poses to the marketing list industry and what the risks are for buyers of marketing lists
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.