Who should attend
New buyers, supply chain managers, warehouse supervisors, contract managers, operations managers and other general managers and supervisors.
About the course
This is the most pivotal of all classes to get the purchasing and supply chain professional off on the right foot. The session sets the foundation and values these professionals will bring to an organization. Knowing the right skill to employ can assist their companies during periods of tight supply, rising costs, limited availability regardless of the economic cycle encountered. While experience conveys the applications for use, these pale if the tools are not known or understood by the people involved.
Critical tools to discuss and examples shown cover such areas as:
- Foundations and history of the profession
- Influence with user departments
- Legal aspects of purchasing, contracting and the Uniform Commercial Code
- How and when to employ the tools of Cost and Price Analysis
- The major influences of risk and how to both manage and report on them
- How to involve quality in the acquisition process
- Major considerations in purchasing services as compared to a material or tangible good
- Checklist for setting up a contract management process
- Key consideration in the negotiation process
- Understanding various purchasing techniques and applications.
- The session comes with forms and checklist for the participant to take back to their office to start using for the benefit of the company.
Prior to starting his own firm in 1991, William Agee, C.P.M., C.E.M, CMN, CPE, CPP, CPIM, SSBB, was a vice president in a large international management, consulting, and educational firm specializing in world class education, financial reviews and audits, procurement service, quality management, ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.