Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
The dynamics of today’s business environment requires organizations to change, grow, and reinvent themselves. These new directions can only be achieved through the effective identification and implementation of projects. This seminar will provide you with a fundamental understanding of project management theory. You will develop an understanding of what projects are, what constitutes a complete project scope, how to develop an overall project schedule, what processes the project will have to follow, and what business systems will be required to ensure a successful outcome. A comprehensive project management model will be provided. As well, this seminar will address the human elements of project management.
Course at a glance
- Recognized by CIQS, Gold Seal, and Blue Seal both as required education for accreditation and continuing professional development (post-accreditation maintenance).
- Aimed at a wide range of construction workers, including tradesmen and journeymen, managers and supervisors, administrators, contractors, consultants, architects, and construction business owners.
- Varied class dynamics, with learning facilitated through lectures, case study review, and extensive group work.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform a stakeholder analysis.
- Understand and apply stakeholder requirements to form a scope statement.
- Convert project requirements to objective and build a work breakdown structure.
- Build a project schedule in the form of a Network Diagram and Gantt chart.
- Perform a bottom-up estimate and explore various techniques for estimating.
- Build an HR and communications plan and review organizational behaviour.
- Use the project schedule and cost estimate to produce a baseline planed value.
- Use earned value analysis to forecast project completion.
- Inject change management into the project scope and mode the outcome.
- Participate in an executive-level presentation of you project plan deliverables.
- Required textbook: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 6th edition, Project Management Institute, 2017.
- All course assessments will be completed in class, with no post-course work assigned.
- BYOD is recommended but not required.
Larry Fox is a General Manager and Project Management professional with more than 30 years of experience in complex capital construction projects in traditional bid/spec construction, design build and P3. His specialized line of expertise is with: HVAC control systems, security systems, life safe...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.