Who should attend
- All Staff with Financial Responsibility
- Finance Professionals who might benefit from a refresher
- Those involved in Business Decision-Making
- Managers anticipating Career Development
- Strategy and Planning Professionals
- Corporate Communication and Investor Relations Professionals
About the course
Get to grips with the key concepts and practices of finance and accounting!
Finance is the language of business! Non-financial managers at all levels will discover at some point that they need a working knowledge of this financial language and its principles to cope with the responsibility placed on them as business decision-makers and to take a meaningful part in the most important commercial discussions with business colleagues.
This Oxford practical workshop style course will guide you through the basic principles and methods of finance and accounting – helping you to see what’s going on inside your company’s computerised accounting system and how to read, understand and interpret the reports the system produces.
This Oxford course is designed to provide delegates with a practical working understanding of the fundamental principles and practice of business finance and accounting; by the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the accounting methods used to produce financial reports
- Read and interpret financial statements
- Analyse business performance and financial strength
- Advise on cash and working capital management
- Build budgets and manage costs and budgets
- Present business cases and your improve decision-making skills
- The Business Context for Finance and Accounting
- Finance and Accounting Fundamentals
- The Structure and Operation of Accounting Systems
- Understanding the Financial Module in SAP and Oracle Systems
- Framework, Structure and Format of Financial Statements
- Introduction and Overview of the IFRS Framework
- Analysing and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Understanding and Improving Profit
- Fundamentals of Cost and Management Accounting
- Understanding and Improving Cash Flow
- The Budget Process - Forecasting and Planning for Business
- Applying the Key Principles of Capital Investment Decisions
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.