Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals seeking Level I FAC-C and DAWIA contracting certifications.
About the course
Knowing how to perform cost and price analyses is vital to your project’s budgetary success. Adhering to the FAR and Contract Pricing Reference Guides (CPRG), you will learn not only the basics of conducting a cost and price analysis, but also master the necessary quantitative tools. This is a Federal Acquisition Certification-Contracting (FAC-C) and Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level I contracting course.
- Given an acquisition scenario, successfully distinguish various seller pricing strategies.
- Describe the Truthful Cost or Pricing Data statute, including its purpose in mitigating government cost risk.
- Identify the policies and procedures for applying the Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) rules and regulations to negotiated contracts and subcontracts.
- Identify the contract cost principles and procedures.
- Given a contracting requirement and market research tools, recognize the essential elements of a market research report.
- Demonstrate ability to execute fundamental quantitative pricing skills.
- Given acquisition situations, determine an appropriate contracting strategy, including the contract type and other incentives.
- Given a contracting scenario, differentiate among financing arrangements, their order of preference, and the situations for use.
- Given a contractor need for contract financing, develop a negotiation strategy considering performance-based payments.
- Accurately differentiate between price analysis, cost analysis, and cost realism analysis.
- Pursuant to FAR 15.4, accurately differentiate the price analysis techniques.
- Given a contracting scenario accurately assess price-related factors.
- Given an acquisition scenario, apply the appropriate price analysis technique.
- Pursuant to FAR 15.4, accurately perform proposal analysis and prepare to present your findings to the SSA for contract clearance.
- As a PCO responsible to determine a proposed price to be fair and reasonable, successfully summarize the roles and responsibilities of organizations involved in proposal analysis.
- Given an acquisition situation, successfully differentiate between direct and indirect costs.
- Assuming an advisory role in evaluating acquisition proposals, successfully summarize the evaluation of direct material and subcontract costs.
- Assuming an advisory role in evaluating acquisition proposals, successfully summarize the evaluation of indirect costs.
- Given a proposal evaluation scenario, demonstrate ability to calculate facilities capital cost of money (FCCOM).
- Given a proposal evaluation scenario, demonstrate ability to employ the weighted guidelines (WGL) for calculating negotiation profit objectives.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate ability to complete a settlement action relating to defective pricing.
The Contracting Environment
- Contracting with the Government
- Truthful Cost or Pricing Data
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Contract Cost Principles and Procedures
- Market Research
Quantitative Methods for Contract Pricing
- Fundamental Quantitative Problems
- Using Price Indexing
- Analyzing Data Shape, Center, Spread, and Trend Characteristics
- Net Present Value
- Cost Estimating Relationships
- Cost-Volume Analysis
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Contract Types, Incentives, and Risks
- Contract Financing
- Performance-Based Payment Demonstration
- Differences Between Cost and Price Analysis
- Price Analysis Techniques
- Price-Related Factors
- Scenarios For Price Analysis
- Capstone Exercise
- Cost Analysis Process, Players, and Initiatives
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Direct Costs
- Indirect Rates
- Facilities Capital Cost of Money
- Profit (Weighted Guidelines)
- Module Capstone
- Cost Analysis Certification, Sweeps, Defective Pricing, and Final Pricing
- Pricing Conclusion
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.