Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for new program and project management professionals seeking their FAC-P/PM Entry level certification.
About the course
You will learn to relate the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources. You will examine how to monitor and inspect costs, work, and contractor performance. This course is verified to meet the requirements for Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) certification at the Entry-Level.
- Outline the process for building a viable business case containing both qualitative and quantitative decision criteria
- Describe key concepts relating to cost estimating
- Describe the federal budgeting process
- Allocate funds from each type of appropriation
- Describe key concepts relating to EVM
- Analyze various performance measures as a means of managing a program
- Create an on-the-job (OTJ) action plan
Building Business Cases
- Business Cases
- Business Case Analysis (BCA)
- Best Practices
- Defining Cost Estimating
- Cost Estimating in Acquisitions
- Cost Estimating Considerations
- Cost Estimating Principles
- Cost Estimating Techniques
- Accuracy & Confidence
- Risk & Uncertainty
- Impact of OMB Circular No. A-94
- Federal Budgeting Cycle
- Types of Appropriations
- Budget Submission
- Agency Perspective
- Budget Planning & Execution
- Categories of Funds
- Fiscal Law
- Appropriation Life Cycle
Earned Value Management
- What is EVM?
- Context of EVM in the Federal Environment
- Benefits of EVM
- EVM Policies
- EVM Data Elements
- EVM and Risk
- Performance Measurement Overview
- Performance Measurement Methods
- Statutory Requirements
- IBR Overview
Putting It All Together
- Lesson Overview
- Exercise: The Business Case
- Exercise: Project Budget
- Exercise: Federal Budgeting
- Exercise: Earned Value Management
- Exercise: Defining an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR)
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.