Who should attend
The course is aimed mainly at non-specialists, people who have not jet been exposed to the principles of reading and interpreting financial statements in their educational or corporate background; in particular Heads of functions: Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics, After-sales/service, R&D, Purchasing, Organizational/HR and Legal; Business Unit (Area/Division/Branch) Managers, entrepreneurs and Managing Directors of small to medium-size businesses.
About the course
Participating in the program provides you with the essential tools to understand the fundamentals of financial reporting of public companies, interpreting the relations among financial statements from all kinds of companies, public and private.
Fundamentals of budgeting - Online Program can be attended whenever and in any way you want. To optimize your learning experience we suggest you to spread it over a 5 weeks’ period with an average time commitment of approximately 3 hours per week. Each week comprises learning units varying in content, applications and tools: for example, videos, interviews, exercises, tests, questionnaires, tutorials, papers, case studies and so on.
The Program includes a final assessment and a satisfaction survey, both needed to receive the SDA Bocconi certificate.
Contents are presented through 5 modules:
- Introduction to financial reporting: contents of the financial statements, users, regulation and role of auditors.
- Different types of financial statements and relations between the various measures: income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Measuring income, assets and cash flow. How to prepare accounting statements.
- Reading financial statements in relation to industry economics and business models.
- Identifying financial strengths and weaknesses from the shareholders’ and management’s points of view.
Curriculum Vitae Laura Zoni is SDA Professor of Accounting and Control at SDA Bocconi School of Management. She is Full Professor in Accounting and Management Control at Catholic University of Milan, Faculty of Economics and Law. At SDA Bocconi, she had been Coordinator of all Accounting and Man...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.