Foundations of Leadership for Safety Excellence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Leadership development is vital to every aspect of organizational performance and is critical to the development of a high performance safety culture. However, many managers have never been taught how to lead the safety effort. To achieve safety excellence, leaders must exhibit specific traits and involve themselves in specific activities that demonstrate commitment to safety as a core value. This course explores known principles of effective safety leadership. Special emphasis will be placed on vision, transformational leadership styles, decision-making, problem-solving, communication, coaching, and change management specific to creating a culture of safety excellence. The course is an active workshop that provides practical hands-on activities to help anchor the principles into real life application in the workplace.
What You Will Learn
- The critical traits for effective safety leadership
- Organizational deviations that have become internalized and accepted in your organization that lead to accidents
- How to transition from transactional to transformational leadership styles
- Effective safety coaching and communication skills
- Effective accident root cause determination skills
- How to increase employee engagement and ownership in safety
- The latest thinking in safety management principles and practice
How You Will Benefit
- Improve critical safety leadership skills of safety professionals, supervisors and managers.
- Build trust within your workforce.
- Eliminate fear levels to generate better reporting of hazards, near-misses and injuries.
- Improve safety performance, production and quality.
- CRITICAL SAFETY LEADERSHIP TRAITS
- TRANSFORMATIONAL VERSUS TRANSACTIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ACCIDENT CAUSE DETERMINATION TECHNIQUES
- COMMUNICATION, COACHING AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT IN THE SAFETY EFFORT
- INFLUENCES ON BEHAVIOR THAT EFFECT SAFETY PERFORMANCE
Who should attend
This course is designed for safety professionals, supervisors, and senior management.