About the course
This course offers insights on how to record business activities and interpret financial statements. Physician leaders who enroll can gain an understanding as to why financial accounting is so often political and controversial.
- The structure and importance of the four major financial statements
- The accrual accounting framework
- Transactions and adjustments via the accounting process
- Ongoing accounting challenges and options faced by organizations
- Review the structure of the four major financial statements and their importance.
- Prepare simple financial statements using accounting equation format.
- Explain the accrual accounting framework.
- Apply transactions and adjustments via the accounting process.
- Describe the debit/credit format and the need for closing entries.
- Identify financial statements in 10-K reports and their applicable metrics.
- Examine the ongoing accounting challenges and options faced by organizations.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.