Who should attend
Professionals without backgrounds in statistics and programming who want to gain basic data literacy and analysis skills.
About the course
Public and private organizations are gaining access to increasingly large quantities of data. Because that data can help them improve their products, data literacy and analysis have become essential professional skills.
In this course, you'll learn how to understand, analyze and present data. We’ll start with a broad overview of the data analysis process and then work on developing each of the fundamental data analysis skills. You’ll acquire and clean data using SQL and Excel and analyze data using key statistical concepts such as measures of central tendency, correlation and regression, and clustering. And—because it's important to be able to communicate your findings—you’ll learn how to choose the best visualization for your data and to design effective visualizations using Tableau.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Fundamental data-related concepts, terminology and ethical considerations
- How to articulate business problems and identify required data
- How to gather, clean and organize data How to effectively describe, analyze and visualize data
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Prepare, analyze and visualize data with Microsoft Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Build a personalized reference guide for future data analysis work
- Complete a final project that incorporates all of the skills and concepts learned in class
Marcelo Guerra Hahn has more than 15 years of experience in software development, testing and project management. He is very passionate about data and using data to facilitate decision making. He currently works at Tableau, where he focuses on internal development tools. Before joining Tableau, h...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.