Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Managers, Directors, and Vice Presidents who aim to drive business outcomes through understanding, building, and nurturing inclusive and diverse organizations.
About the course
Lead diverse and inclusive teams that outperform their peers
Fostering Inclusion and Diversity, a 3-week online program by Yale’s renowned professors, delivers the skills leaders need to build more inclusive and diverse teams, leading to improved business outcomes with increased effectiveness and innovation.
The focus of this program is on identifying and building key conceptual models you can apply to your organization dynamically. These models include: unconscious biases, promoting behavioral change, redefining leadership, recognition of dimensions of diversity, and reinforcing patterns of (dis)engagement.
The program is delivered digitally in collaboration with our online program partner, ExecOnline. ExecOnline provides a digital learning solution tailored to best deliver Yale’s research and expertise to you.
- Building and nurturing an inclusive and diverse team that is more innovative, collaborative, and responsive to changing customer needs.
- According to Deloitte Australia research, inclusive and diverse organizations see better business performance in terms of ability to innovate, (83% improvement) responsiveness to changing customer needs (31% improvement) and team collaboration (42% improvement).
- Defining, understanding, and leveraging different types of diversity to increase business outcomes.
- For example, gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers and ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform their peers, according to McKinsey & Company.
- Addressing known and unknown barriers to building inclusive and diverse teams, such as making the business case and combating unconscious bias.
- 3-week duration, 15 hours (5 hours/week)
- 6 hours of on-demand, HD lectures
- Professor interactions, group learning, and optional coaching sessions
- Final project, which integrates weekly activities
Professor Wrzesniewski''s research interests focus on how people make meaning of their work in difficult contexts (e.g., stigmatized occupations, virtual work, absence of work), and the experience of work as a job, career, or calling. Her current research involves studying how employees shape the...
Heidi Brooks teaches and advises on the subject of everyday leadership: the everyday micro-moments of impact that shape our lived experiences. Creating more courageous communities—especially within organizations—is a particular passion of hers. Dr. Brooks specializes in large-scale culture change...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.