Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence online training course is suited to those considering a career in civil or military intelligence roles, and as CPD for professionals seeking to understand more about the tools and processes which can be used to enhance the fusion of different intelligence sources. As such it is also a useful course for anyone in an analyst role in other finance and government organisations.
This OXFORD online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Intelligence Specialists
- Legal Practitioners
- Police and Military personnel
- Security Services staff
- Immigration and Customs Officers
- Intelligence Practitioners and Managers
- Investigators including Counterterrorism
- Any other agency tasked with gathering and disseminating intelligence
About the course
Working in Global Partnerships to Investigate Transnational Criminality
This Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence training course is an excellent opportunity for participants to acquire knowledge of how the forensic exploitation of selected items, whether physical or abstract, can provide important information towards diverse modes of workstreams. The ability to understand exploitation opportunities and develop deep thinking intelligence will open up pathways to enhance their understanding of given situations and provide the best outcomes for the tasking.
There is confusion around the labelling and function of FORINT, with a multitude of different labels, descriptions and practices in operation. This misunderstanding of FORINT may stem from the fact that both the police and security services have a limited awareness of forensic processes, its realities and more importantly how it can be used in the fight against crime to bring offenders to justice. Forensic exploitation and Intelligence science is a forensic science which has long played a supporting role to law enforcement by providing intelligence and evidence to combat criminality and provide supporting evidence for law courts.
Forensic exploitation and trace evidence are typically utilised to explain what has happened in a scene, this assists juries, and court officials make judgements of culpability. Given the investigative possibilities and potential value of FORINT it is inexplicable why it is not used more often.
This OXFORD Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence online training course will highlight:
- The importance of Collection, Processing, Production, Management and dissemination of FORINT
- Key roles and responsibilities of those involved in forensic exploitation and intelligence
- Evaluate the levels and range of forensic exploitation techniques
- Manage and prioritise the exploitation of forensic intelligence
- Critically assess how forensic intelligence interfaces with other intelligence sources
- Role of communication and information sharing
- Produce strategies to embed FORINT in long term policing strategy
At the end of this Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence online training course, you will learn to:
- Describe the key aspects of Forensic Intelligence
- Identify forensic examination and recovery methods appropriate to provide Forensic Intelligence
- Evaluate forensic intelligence opportunities, tactics and strategy have been appropriate for the crime
- Provide an understanding of Forensic exploitation and intelligence processes
- Develop and administer FORINT policies and procedures within the frameworks of forensic best practice
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will acquire a thorough understanding of the principles and practices required in forensic investigations which will allow them to objectivity analyse the effectiveness and appropriateness of the forensic outcomes.
- Establish a thorough foundation of the fundamentals and challenges of Forensic Intelligence in the real world
- Enhance client trust and confidence in the organisations ability to analyse forensic outcomes
- Increase the understanding of FORINT to achieve success
- Improve and develop forensic intelligence competence, capability, and knowledge of staff
- Utilise FORINT in investigations to solve problems in a cost-effective manner
This Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence online training course will personally benefit the participants to develop their understanding and knowledge by the following:
- Recognized the key elements of the intelligence cycle and where FORINT fits
- Explain the fundamental principles of forensic exploitation
- Develop strategies to realise the potential of FORINT during a task
- Be able to manage and develop professional relationships within the intelligence arena
- Effectively evaluate avenues for FORINT exploitation
- Explain the fundamental principles of harvesting covert and overt exhibits as FORINT
- Critically assess how FORINT interfaces with other intelligence products
- Explain how FORINT could assist in the investigation of terrorist related incidents
DAY 1 Introduction to Intelligence
- What is intelligence?
- The Intelligence cycle
- What is forensic intelligence?
- The difference between ‘Evidence’ and ‘Intelligence’
- Why is intelligence is important?
- Communication and dissemination of intelligence
DAY 2 Outline of Forensic Intelligence
- Forensic Exploitation and FORINT management and coordination
- Manage and develop professional relationships within the intelligence arena
- Key principles of forensic examinations
- Understanding forensic outcomes
- Examination and forensic harvesting for Intelligence
- Introduction to Fingerprints and forensic evidence
- Evidential types for use in court and for intelligence purposes
- The key aspects of forensic Intelligence (FORINT)
DAY 3 Getting the Best from FORINT
- Getting the best from FORINT
- Merging FORINT with other intelligence sources
- Evaluating opportunities for forensic exploitation and FORINT
- Overt and Covert forensic practice towards harvesting FORINT
- The Law relating to Overt and Covert forensic harvesting
- Developing FORINT Strategies, Policies and Processes
- Covert forensic opportunities and the harvesting of FORINT
DAY 4 Forensic Exploitation and Intelligence in Practice
- Who are the Partner agencies?
- ‘Need to know’ or ‘Dare to share’?
- Identifying and recognising patterns of evidence
- Identifying and recognising patterns of intelligence
- Operational incidents
DAY 5 Disseminating Forensic Intelligence
- Collating Forensic Intelligence
- The issues of interfacing intelligence products
- FORINT exploitation policy
- FORINT and terrorist related incidents
- Educating others
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.