Who should attend
This course will be excellent for seeking professional techniques from an industry expert for drawing and communicating footwear illustrations. You may be an aspiring designer, illustrator, prospective fashion student, or simply looking to develop your drawing and illustration techniques for your own enjoyment.
About the course
This practical course will tach you to draw and render footwear. You will learn to sketch shoes and boots, and effortlessly put your designs onto paper. You will learn how to draw variety of footwear from different angles. The course will explore range of different techniques including using double sided art markers and colour pencils for successful rendering.
This course is suitable for absolute beginners and more experienced designers who would like to improve their existing drawing skills.
- Sketching shoes and boots
- Different footwear silhouettes
- Drawing footwear from different angles
- Basic shading techniques
- Highlighting with markers
- Full colour marker and colour pencil rendering
- Rendering leather, patent leather, suede, canvas, fur. lace etc.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Develop the skills to draw and render footwear with confidence and effectively communicate and present your design ideas
- Practiced and mastered a range of drawing and rendering techniques
- Produced a body of work that can contribute to a fashion or illustration portfolio
- Received personal feedback on your designs and progress from your tutor
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing, illustration and creative visual communication courses on different programmes at London College of Fashion since 2003. Ana has pioneered the delivery of practical fashion drawing and illustration courses via an online medium at ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.