Who should attend
Students will be budget analysts, auditors, contracting officers, program managers, and all departmental accountable officials working for or with DoD who need to know the exceptions and constraints that apply to DoD only.
About the course
As one of the most sophisticated and interwoven organizations in the world, the DoD must comply with relevant laws and regulations to avoid Antideficiency Act violations. You will gain knowledge to ensure that obligations are charged to the correct funding sources and to determine the availability of appropriations as to purpose, time, and amount. You will also learn how to avoid Antideficiency Act violations which can lead to negative audit and congressional reports.
- Identify and categorize exceptions, flexibilities, and constraints faced by DoD with regard to the legal availability of appropriated funds
- Apply the appropriation funding principles to specific appropriations
- Apply DoD funding principles and obligation rules
- Apply funding principles and obligations rules to DoD Antideficiency Act (ADA) cases
- Recognize what constitutes a legal obligation
- Describe the terms under which accountable individuals may be granted relief from financial responsibility
- Building Background
- Legal Framework for Fiscal Law
- Determining Legal Availability for Proper Purpose
- Using the Correct Appropriation
- Legal Availability of Appropriations as to Time
- Funding Policy
- Obligation of Funds in DOD
- Military Construction
- Liability and Relief for DOD Accountable Individuals
- Fiscal Law Research Tools
- Discussion Cases
- Purpose Cases
- Time Cases
- Obligation/Reimbursable Cases
- MILCON Cases
- Accountable Individuals
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.