First Line Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Bath School of Management.Full disclaimer.
First Line Managers have a key role to play in the organisation ensuring effective and efficient operation, and setting the standard for how things are done. This programme focuses on helping you to develop the management skills and practices you need to achieve this whilst also ensuring you have a solid basis upon which to build your personal development for the future.
Personal & Organisational Management
Focusing on the tensions between Leading, Managing and Doing: what they are, how they can create distortions, and how to align these tensions into a more productive dynamic. Areas covered include:
- Developing personal management style
- Responsibility, accountability and outcomes
- Developing collective capability and action
Group Dynamics & Team Management
Focusing on the latest thinking and case study evidence to help build the skills and capabilities required to develop high performing teams. Areas covered include:
- Mobilising people and resources to implement winning strategies
- Building and managing high performance teams
- Exploration of scenarios to introduce participants to the characteristics and dynamics of high performance team working
Finance & Management Accounting
This module will introduce participants to key financial concepts, and explain how these underpin decision making, investment strategies and ultimately drive superior organisational performance. Areas covered include:
- Evaluating financial performance and prospects
- Investment appraisal and decision making
- Constructing business cases for organisational initiatives
Managing Organisational Change
This module blends external case study examples with real live issues to focus on managing multiple changes within a complex and ever changing environment. Areas covered will include:
- Context sensitive change frameworks
- Cultural and political barriers to change
- Managing transitions and responsive adaptation
Effective Operational Delivery
Focusing on concepts, skills and knowledge which enable participants to build an understanding of operations and service management to focus on how to lead themselves and others in an operational environment. Areas covered include:
- Process characteristics – volume, variety, variability & customer visibility
- Linking process performance and customer experience
- Exploring the 'Operations Triangle' – Utilisation, Variability (Customer and process) and responsiveness
How will I benefit?
By attending the programme you will:
- Gain greater understanding of your own preferences, personal management style and how to manage these for optimal results.
- Explore a variety of tools, techniques and frameworks which will accelerate your fundamental understanding of the functioning of organisations.
- Develop invaluable people and management skills enabling you to manage collective performance, assist others through change and deploy appropriate business focussed strategies to deliver superior results
How will my organisation benefit?
The programme will generate real impact whether you choose to send one individual or to adopt it as part of your organisational approach to people development. It will provide your people with first-rate leadership skills whilst equipping them with a broad range of essential management tools and techniques.
Who should attend
The programme is aimed at developing the management skills and practice of first line managers with responsibility for supervising staff, working with teams or projects, or who plan and organise the work of others.