Who should attend
Senior managers, executives, directors, entrepreneurs and suppliers curious about strategies that enable FinTech business models, structures, processes, culture and talent.
This FinTech programme is relevant beyond the finance and technology intersection sectors. It is relevant to all delegates whose business can be enabled by FinTech solutions.
About the course
Transform finance through innovation.
What is FinTech and how can it help me? Why are the disruptive FinTech strategies so important to my organisation?
FinTech disruption reaches beyond the finance and technology intersection sectors. It is relevant to all business sectors that can be enabled by FinTech solutions.
This FinTech seven-week online programme will teach you about the functions affected by technological disruption in the financial services and provide the opportunity to apply your newfound knowledge in the field of financial technology to advance your organisation.
- Module 0 – Orientation
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
- Module 1 - FinTech Trends and Drivers
- Module 2 - Strategies Used by FinTech Players: Competition or Cooperation?
- Module 3 - Strategies Used by BigTech Players
- Module 4 - New and Potential Solutions Offered by FinTech
- Module 5 - Regulation as the Mediator in the FinTech Revolution
- Module 6 - New Sources of Corporate Strategy
How you will benefit
You will receive instruction on:
- The origins and meaning of FinTech
- Trends and drivers of digital disruption in the financial services industry
- Business models and business model innovation by both incumbent and new entrants in the financial services
You will be able to determine:
- Whether FinTech has ushered in a revolution or whether it is part of a natural evolution
- How regulations and regulatory technologies can enable or hinder FinTech innovations
- How FinTech is reconfiguring managerial understanding and utilisation of corporate strategies.
Throughout the programme, you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.
Profile Morris joined the GIBS faculty in January 2014 as a lecturer in the leadership cluster. Morris has been reading for his doctorate at GIBS since January 2013, focusing on corporate governance and sustainability. Prior to 2013, Morris was a chief executive of a large investment management ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.