About the course
This module explores transportation and mobility infrastructure finance, including the structure and sources of financing, public and private financing models, tokenization, and finance in the digital era. After gaining a fundamental understanding of investable assets and the risk and reward framework, you will learn about public transportation financing — public-private partnerships, tax increment financing, and value capture finance — along with private mobility and transportation models. The module then examines blockchain finance in transportation and mobility, including the Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI), before concluding with a look at the future of mobility and finance in the digital era.
- Introduction to Transportation and Mobility Infrastructure Finance
- Infrastructure, Performance and Economic Growth
- Investable Infrastructure Assets
- Risk and Return Framework for Financing Infrastructure
- Financing of the Transportation Infrastructure Ecosystem
- Infrastructure and Mobility Ecosystem Structure
- Sources of Financing and Funding for Infrastructure
- Sources of Financing and Funding for Mobility
- Public Transportation Infrastructure Financing
- Tax Increment Financing
- Value Capture Finance
- Private Mobility and Transportation Infrastructure Financing
- Toll Roads
- Intelligent Infrastructure Systems
- Integrating Public and Private Finance for V2I Applications
- Blockchain, Tokenization, and Mobility
- The Blockchain Value Proposition
- Infrastructure Blockchain Finance
- Blockchains in Transportation and Mobility: MOBI and Beyond
- The Future of Mobility and Finance in the Digital Era
- Application Use Case
TIME COMMITMENT AND WORK PACE
- You will have access to this module for 60 days.
- This module contains 6-7 hours of required recorded material and an associated testing assessment.
- The module also includes supplemental reading material to bolster your knowledge.
Successful completion of module topics, readings, and testing assessment with an 80% pass rate is required to earn a digital badge for this module.
To earn a Certificate in Foundations of Mobility, consider enrolling in our 15-week courses: Course I: Mobility Behavior & Technology and Course II: Mobility System Design, Finance & Regulation
PREREQUISITES & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
To view technical requirements
The program requires a minimum of the following common set of tools and resources:
A high-speed internet connection outside of a corporate firewall is required to access online course lectures. Online students will need the following:
- Windows 10, Mac OS X v10.5+, or equivalent OS
- 4GB RAM
- 4GB free disk space
- A monitor capable of 1280 x 720 resolution
- Sound card and speakers
- High Speed Internet access (LAN, Cable modem or DSL)
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Adobe Reader 10+
- Cookies enabled in your web browser
Administrative/Online Technical Support
Support staff are available via phone and email to help with administrative and technical issues during our normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
Content Questions and Support
Students are welcome to contact the module instructor and/or their assistants with content-related questions and support.
By the end of this module, you will understand the definition and types of infrastructure, infrastructure finance challenges, and how transportation and mobility comprise a complex system where financing depends on the type of infrastructure under consideration.
Research Dr. Adriaens is Professor of Environmental Engineering and Finance in the College of Engineering, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategy in the Ross School of Business, and Professor in the School of Natural Resources and Environment. He is past-President of the Association of Env...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.