About the course
Learn how to prepare for the uncertain road ahead
This seminar will provide the tools you need to improve your financial wellness. No matter where you are in your career, chances are that 2020 changed your perspective on your personal finances. If you are looking for an approachable way to get started on achieving your financial goals, including how to weather a recession, this course will help you create a clearer picture of your current financial health and design both short-term and long-term action plans.
Benefits of attending this online course
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
Set clear savings goals
- Determine how much you need for your emergency and retirement savings and how to tactically reach those targets.
- Understand how to catch up if you have fallen behind on your goals.
- Know the best options for where to store your savings to maximize growth, including how to use tax advantaged accounts.
Create a realistic budget to improve your financial security.
- Employ automation to simplify reaching your goals.
- Find your ideal liquidity ratio.
- Learn how to reduce overhead, especially bad debt.
- Discuss options for tailoring your budget to fit your personality and unique timing of expenses and income.
Develop a plan to achieve stronger financial health.
- Estimate your personal net worth, monthly budget, and cash flow.
- Use ratios to gauge your financial health.
Financial Wellness content overview
This course is geared toward people who want to better manage their finances and are relatively new to financial planning. The objective of this seminar is to help you to:
- Gain financial literacy to improves both short-term and long-term planning.
- Transition from survival mode to planning mode by creating and maintaining disciplined resolutions.
- Prepare a roadmap for improved future stability.
- Reduce anxiety and stress related to personal finances.
Jennifer Graves is a full-time assistant professor of operations at the UW Foster School of Business. She has taught courses on the topics of personal finance and operations management. Professor Graves was previously at Keystone Strategy (a consulting firm that specializes in AI/ML and digital o...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.