Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The nonprofit world is changing fast. While competition for donors and clients heats up, organizations are being asked to focus on results. Because of this, demand is high in the nonprofit sector for financial leadership.
The Financial Success for Nonprofits Certificate prepares nonprofit leaders and aspiring leaders to focus on mission while achieving financial sustainability. Whether you’re working at a well-established nonprofit or a startup, Professor Grasso’s experience as a nonprofit leader prepares you to use financial statements and ratios, establish board governance and strategic leadership, raise funds and generate alternative revenue sources, and make strategic programmatic changes.
- Assessing Nonprofits using Financial Statements and Ratios
- Determining Appropriate Budgeting, Debt Financing, and Cash Flow
- Fundraising and Revenue Generation
- Strategically Governing the Organization
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Use accounting statements and financial analysis to assess the financial strength of your organization
- Maintain the financial health and equilibrium of an organization through appropriate use of budgeting, financing and cash-flow management
- Obtain financial backing and community support through fundraising and alternative revenue sources
- Build, manage, and lead organizational governance through the lifecycle of the organization
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Financial Success for Nonprofits Certificate from Cornell College of Human Ecology
- 32 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Who should attend
- CEOs and executive directors without a formal finance background
- Leaders, administrators, and new board members
- Decision-making program staff
- Lawyers who serve the nonprofit sector
Financial Success for Nonprofits Certificate from Cornell University