Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understanding the numbers only gets you so far… it’s how you apply information that matters. Create a plan to use your organization’s capital strategically.
Recognize how value is created in your firm. Evaluate opportunities and assess competition based on robust financial analysis to outperform your industry. Work through a systematic approach for analyzing financial statements and evaluate the impact on profitability during this hands-on program. Implement what you have learned in a comprehensive simulation that puts you in charge of every aspect of a hypothetical company’s business.
Finance and Accounting
Examine the processes and practices of accounting and finance to gain a robust understanding of the part you play.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 all three days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Examine and understand specific financial statements from your company
- Apply skills in an active, hands-on simulation
- Experience a real-world scenario and test outcomes of various decisions
- Develop an informed financial perspective on business operations
- Analyze the key drivers of Return On Equity (ROE)
- Build practical skills to evaluate your organization’s current and future financial performance
- Examine the effects of operating and financial strategies on the financial performance of your firm
Who should attend
Immerse yourself in the concepts and metrics that shape financial decision making. Examine the topics in finance and accounting that are essential to understanding and determining your organization’s success.
- Executives and high-level managers with budget authority
- Professionals responsible for financial and P&L decision making
- Individuals who seek deeper understanding of financial concepts and how they relate to business operations as a whole
Companies frequently send pairs of individuals, and small teams to this program, as they try to launch and lead new initiatives within their organization. Please contact us if you are interested in sending three or more participants to this program.
Trust the experts
Jim Nolen joined the Department of Finance in the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin in 1980 and taught graduate and undergraduate classes in corporate finance and entrepreneurship until his retirement in May 2012. Professor Nolen returned to teaching part-time in the...
Biography Brian Lendecky, CPA, MPA Brian Lendecky is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting at The University of Texas at Austin. He joined the department in 2006 and teaches Financial Accounting, Cost and Managerial Accounting, and the Tax Practicum course, the latter winning a 2008 ...