Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for professionals with responsibility for making financial or strategic decisions about their company’s debt/equity mix, payout policy, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, creating value through private equity, or initial public offerings.
- Investment bankers.
- Financial advisors.
- Corporate managers in various industries.
- Chief financial officers.
- Board members.
- 10 years of professional experience on average
About the course
Learn to create value through funding options, risk management and restructuring strategies.
Unlock value with the right strategic choices
Discover the financial strategies behind some of the world’s most successful companies. Sharpen your thinking and increase your impact.
Benefits for you
- Learn to make the right strategic decisions at the right time.
- Gain practical tools to create value based on your debt/equity mix.
- Broaden your knowledge and develop confidence with an in-depth understanding of different restructuring and funding options.
- Make smarter financial decisions through a better understanding of the practical application of risk management.
- Undertake long-term financial planning. Explore research evidence and find out how - and when - stock prices respond.
Benefits for your organisation
- Gain a holistic view and develop the skills to design your company’s capital structure and risk management strategy.
- Apply real-life lessons from public companies to create value for unlisted ones.
- Discover how the world’s top value creators perform, and how you could do better.
- Gain the critical capability to assess the merits and pitfalls of restructuring.
- Learn psychological tactics to help your company gain competitive advantage and create substantial value.
What you learn
- Learn to structure debt in terms of maturity, fixed/floating mix, and currency mix.
- Focus on the application of derivatives in a corporate finance setting – real options, risk management and optimal gearing.
- Discover how to return excess funds to shareholders, considering payout policy and merger motives.
- Investigate corporate restructuring and find ways of resolving financial distress through IPOs and long-term financial planning.
How you learn
- Explore real case studies, surveys and academic evidence from leading global companies. Bring each topic to life by examining the practical applications of each technique.
- Discuss theory and debate industry changes with Professor Henri Servaes, consolidating your understanding of funding, risk and restructuring.
- Discuss, debate and explore the key business issues with a diverse group of peers.
Your learning experience
- Learn from Professor Henri Servaes, a consultant for a number of leading companies, to sharpen your thinking and uncover the financial strategies behind some of the world’s best-known organisations.
- Benefit from the latest research – see what happens when rational theory meets the real world.
- Raise your value-creation expertise in three broad areas: funding options, risk management and restructuring.
- Build your knowledge base and leverage global networks in London, a commercially-driven and vibrant business capital.
- Join our community and boost your confidence to create strategies across different cultures and markets.
- Experience both group work and individual study – take time to reflect on your own learning journey.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Professor of Finance BBA (European University), MSIA (Purdue University), PhD (Purdue University) Professor Henri Servaes has taught in programmes around the world and was ranked second in Europe for research productivity in financial economics (over the period 1990-2008) in a recent study. He ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.