Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
This is a detailed financial modelling programme that seeks to equip participants with practical knowledge and skills in modelling financial statements, enterprise valuation, M & A (Accretion/Dilution) using DCF enabled by Excel. With a hand-holding approach, participants will build models from the scratch. This will be achieved with real case studies, industry best practices and sensitivity analysis.
- Financial Modeling with Excel I - General Session
- Financial Modeling with Excel II - General Session
- Basic Modeling Practice (Work in Teams – Caselets/Exercises)
- Gathering historical documents/information for Financial Statement Modeling
- Financial Statement Modeling – Income Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Balance Sheet
- Financial Statement Modeling – Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Exercises with Caselets
- Introduction to Financial Modeling & Application to Enterprise Valuation
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling -1
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling –11
- Work in Teams – Hands-on Exercise to Build Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling Review and Applications in Corporate Finance.
- Defining the Modeling Problem and Parameter
- Building the Model (I): A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Building the Model (II): A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) I
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) II
- Financial Modeling in Practice- Experience Sharing I
- Financial Modeling in Practice- Experience Sharing II
Key Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel used in financial modelling
- Knowledge and skills in modelling financial statement, business and enterprise valuation, and Merger & Acquisition (Accretion/Dilution)
- Learning of the conceptual underpinnings of the valuation framework followed by step-by-step training for building a professional, robust discounted cash flow (DCF) model in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analysis
- The building of a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios.
Who should attend
The programme is designed to benefit investment bankers, equity research associates, business development analysts, asset & hedge fund managers, MBAs, accounting/treasury/corporate finance professionals and anyone seeking to improve their financial and valuation modelling skill set.