Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- The program is designed to benefit Investment Bankers, Equity Research Associates, Business Development Analysts, Asset & Hedge Fund Managers, MBAs, Accounting/Treasury/Corporate
- Finance Professionals and anyone seeking to improve their financial and valuation modeling skill set.
About the course
This is a detailed financial modelling programme that seeks to equip participants with practical knowledge and skills in modelling financial statements, enterprise valuation, M & A (Accretion/Dilution) using DCF enabled by Excel. With a hand-holding approach, participants will build models from the scratch. This will be achieved with real case studies, industry best practices and sensitivity analysis.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel used in financial modeling
- Knowledge and skills in modeling financial statement, business and enterprise valuation, and Merger & Acquisition (Accretion/Dilution)
- Learning of the conceptual underpinnings of the valuation framework followed by step-by-step training for building a professional, robust discounted cash flow (DCF) model in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analysis
- Building of a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios.
- Financial Modeling with Excel – General Session
- Basic Modeling Practice (Work in Teams – Caselets/Exercises)
- Gathering historical documents/information for Financial Statement Modeling
- Financial Statement Modeling – Income Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Balance Sheet
- Financial Statement Modeling – Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statement Modeling – Exercises with Caselets
- Introduction to Financial Modeling & Application to Enterprise Valuation
- How to Build A DCF-Based Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Work in Teams – Hands on Exercise to Build Enterprise Valuation Using Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling Review and Applications in Corporate Finance.
- Defining the Modeling Problem and Parameter
- Building the Model : A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Building the Model (II): A Private Equity Valuation Approach
- Best Practice in Model Design and Construction: A Modular Approach: (Merger and Acquisition: Accretion / Dilution Model) I
Dr. Owolabi teaches, undertakes research and consults in areas which include financial modeling, corporate financial accounting, strategic cost management, taxation and environmental accounting. Having studied electronic/electrical engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University where he graduated wit...
Кayode is a Faculty in finance and strategy at the Lagos Business School. He was formerly the Academic Director of the International Management Programme (IMP), inaugural chairman of the Assurance of Learning (AOL), Committee and deputy chairman of the Curriculum Development and Assurance of Lear...