Who should attend
- Personnel and advisors within the Single Family or Multi-Family Offices
- Wealth advisors interested in developing skills and management expertise in the Family Office segment, e.g., investment bankers, accountants, commercial real estate advisors, and attorneys
- High net worth families interested in developing long-term wealth management strategies
About the course
This two and a half day program introduces family office personnel and advisors to best financial management practices to better manage their organization’s finances and make informed investment decisions. We invite family office management personnel and advisors that work within the family office to explore best practices in corporate governance and financial management, evaluation skills necessary to oversee and manage the financial and budgetary aspects of their organization, and the tools necessary to make informed and suitable investment decisions.
Network with industry experts and peers in an intimate venue cultivating one-on-one interactions discussing issues facing family offices. The program is taught by leading Pepperdine Graziadio academics and top industry professionals who will share various opportunities, discuss current issues and review best practices.
- Learn the skills necessary to develop in-depth budgets for all aspects of business and personal activities as a basis for long-term planning and portfolio management
- Review best practices for financial reporting as a tool for decision making, appropriate levels of delegation of authority, organization oversight, and accountability
- Evaluate different legal and organization structures for wealth preservation, wealth transfer, and tax minimization
- Assess portfolio creation, the risk/return relationship, and wealth management tools
- Study various investment opportunities including both public and private markets, alternative investments, real estate investments, and international investment opportunities
- Discuss current issues facing family offices with peers and industry experts in a small group setting
- Session 1: Discussion on the Family Office
- Session 2: Family Governance and Corporate Governance Working Together; a Practical Approach
- Session 3: Integrating Charitable Planning into your Wealth Strategy
- Session 4: Tax and Accounting Essentials
- Session 5: Due Diligence on Investing Including Differences Between RIAs vs. Brokers (Fiduciary Standards)
- Session 6: Asset Allocation Family Office Style
- Session 7: Money Manager Selection and Analysis
- Session 8: A Guide to Sand Hill Road - 21st Century VC Investing
- Session 9: Risk Management Tools for Hedge Funds and Family Office
- Session 10: Trends in Real Estate Investment, Finance, and Leverage
- Session 11: Creating a High-Performance Family: A Prerequisite for Multi-Gen Survival
- Session 12: Flexible Trust Structuring Across Generations
- Session 13: Managing Multi-Generational Family Business and Transitioning to the Next Generation
Alex is the founder and managing partner of Stage Venture Partners, a firm established in 2015. Alex began his VC career as an analyst at Anthem Venture Partners in 2002. In 2021, a panel of local VCs named Alex one of the top VCs in Los Angeles. Alex has served on the boards of numerous Stage...
Founder of Century City (Los Angeles) based wealth management firm focused on assisting high net worth individuals on all aspects of their financial lives. Lido provides a comprehensive approach to asset allocation and wealth management. Additionally, the Firm serves as an outsourced Chief Invest...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.