Financial Management for the Family Office
This two and a half day program introduces family office personnel and advisors to best financial management practices to better manage their organization’s finances and make informed investment decisions. We invite family office management personnel and advisors that work within the family office to explore best practices in corporate governance and financial management, evaluation skills necessary to oversee and manage the financial and budgetary aspects of their organization, and the tools necessary to make informed and suitable investment decisions.
Network with industry experts and peers in an intimate venue cultivating one-on-one interactions discussing issues facing family offices. The program is taught by leading Pepperdine Graziadio academics and top industry professionals who will share various opportunities, discuss current issues and review best practices.
- Learn the skills necessary to develop in-depth budgets for all aspects of business and personal activities as a basis for long-term planning and portfolio management
- Review best practices for financial reporting as a tool for decision making, appropriate levels of delegation of authority, organization oversight, and accountability
- Evaluate different legal and organization structures for wealth preservation, wealth transfer, and tax minimization
- Assess portfolio creation, the risk/return relationship, and wealth management tools
- Study various investment opportunities including both public and private markets, alternative investments, real estate investments, and international investment opportunities
- Discuss current issues facing family offices with peers and industry experts in a small group setting
Who should attend
- Personnel and advisors within the Single Family or Multi-Family Offices
- Wealth advisors interested in developing skills and management expertise in the Family Office segment, e.g., investment bankers, accountants, commercial real estate advisors, and attorneys
- High net worth families interested in developing long-term wealth management strategies